Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

47 Servi Car - does anyone actually ride other than around block??????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 47 Servi Car - does anyone actually ride other than around block??????

Hi again, is there any1 out there that has a Servi Car that ACTUALLY rides it & not just around the block but actually put some miles on it??? Are they safe/ok to ride?? Just wondering I don't just want to own to just ride around the block - I actually want to ride at least locally in the St Louis area. I don't see riding to Sturgis or anything that extreme, I don't have that much vaca time!! LOL! Thanks for reading & any comments/suggestions/opinions!!

I ride my Chicago police servi year round.With box and 22 tooth motor sprocket.Not For Highway Speeds!Likes 45mph or preferably less. must have steering dampener to be fun

Comment

Have we seen this "Chicago police servi"??? Man... winter has gotta be fun!!!

As for the initial question, I think if they rode them back in the day we surely can ride them now. Suitable roads may have to be chosen for the lower performers however... I do have a friend though that uses a servi on a regular basis and loves it. You can be cool at lower speeds too.....
      Cory Othen
      Membership#10953

Comment

Chicago police.jpgChicago Police

Comment

Is there a sevicar in those pictures ?

Comment

I have a friend who put many miles on his 1941 Servicar here in Colorado. We geared it the same as a solo 45, on the low end though. It would run 50-55 all day on the flats but struggled on the hills, needed to get a run at them! Twice, he rode it over Trail Ridge Road here, which is 12,000 + feet above sea level. So, yes, ride it!! Three wheel brakes work well, if set up properly!

Gene Harper

Comment

Despite the distractions I did spy a very awesome servi!!!! Thanks!!
              Cory Othen
              Membership#10953

Comment

Originally posted by c.o. View Post
                Despite the distractions I did spy a very awesome servi!!!! Thanks!!
                It took me a couple of looks...but I finally found the Servi-Car. The pictures appear to be taken at different times, the lower one doesn't have a windshield on it. Would be nice to see some front and side views.

Comment

Originally posted by cdndewey View Post
                  It took me a couple of looks...but I finally found the Servi-Car. The pictures appear to be taken at different times, the lower one doesn't have a windshield on it. Would be nice to see some front and side views.
                  Definitely... some other angles would be nice!
                  Cory Othen
                  Membership#10953

Comment

I ride the beans out of mine. Like why else would you have one? She runs pretty darn well too.
                    Denise

Comment

My wife rides her 61G between 45 and 50 for hours on end, I can bearly keep up on my Pan!!!! Lloyd

Comment

I had a 48 for about 20 yrs, finally got rid of it because lack of use and was always in the way. However if I had it to do over I would have kept it. Just dont ride them on the interstate, thanks, Larry

Comment

Originally posted by 36 knuck man View Post
                          I had a 48 for about 20 yrs, finally got rid of it because lack of use and was always in the way. However if I had it to do over I would have kept it. Just dont ride them on the interstate, thanks, Larry
                          Me and my wife just finished her 72. got a 27 tooth engine gear and she rides it. Rode 110 miles last Sunday around Indian lake,oh. Runs out 55 to 60. She is riding it to wauseon. I just follow along on my 62'.

Comment

@duffeycycles......we do have a steering dampener on ours........although, not familiar w/ reference to 22 tooth motor sprocket - would you mind giving some more details on it? It is suppose to be all original. This Servi is my first bike but my boyfriend has ridin on & off most of his life but not familiar w/ Servi & he only is now cuz I have wanted one for 20 yrs! Thanks for posting a butt pix of yr bike! Love since them as original!! I too would love to see a side pix of it!

Comment

@ Hennigan62......That is AWESOME!! Did she try & keep original? Does she have a pix to show us! We'd love to see it!

Comment

Working...
                              X