Gary and Lyndia Smaltz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gary and Lyndia Smaltz

On May 19th Gary and Lyndia were riding close to their home just outside Yosemite when they were hit by a drunk driver and both were killed. Gary leaves two grown children Gary Lee and Roxanne. their stepmothr Lyndia and Gary leave a 9 year old daughter Cherokee as well. Gary was an avid motorcycle racer, California Motorcycle Saftey Instructor, and Indian Motorcycle rider. Rememberances, cards, etc. can be sent to PO Box 183, Ahwahnee, CA. 93601. A ride is planned for June 2nd from Fresno and Visilia to Yosemite Lake. Details on the M.A.D.D. site and Cycletown site. Ironic that May is Motorcycle Awareness Month here in California. Please be extra careful out there. Gary and Lyndia will we dearly missed.
    DrSprocket

It's always sad to hear stories like this. It's an unfortuante fact but it can be a real danger on two wheels at times in todays world. My condolences go out to their family and friends.
    Cory Othen
    Membership#10953

Comment

Gary and Laura Smaltz

To error is human. I miswrote Lyndia instead of Laura. My profound apologies to Gary's and Laura's family and friends. Rich
      DrSprocket

Comment

My deepest regrets, and condolences to the Smaltz family.
        Eric Smith
        AMCA #886

Comment

Very sad and shocking news, I feel for their young daughter very sad. My heart goes out to the relatives who are left to carry on.

Comment

I will keep the family in my prayers.
            Bob Selph
            1933VC/1934LT Sidecar
            1940 Sport Scout
            AMCA#15215

Comment

I have just returned from a 2 week vacation and I am shocked to read this. I recently was with Gary on the Starklite Indian Harley Great Race up in the Yosemite area of California. I don't know what to say other than shocked and sad to read this. I will look into the ride for Gary. He was a real avid vintage cycle guy. I could say more but my head it spinning. RIP
              #7558 Take me on and you take on the whole trailer park!

Comment

Working...
              X