• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indian 440

What's about this bike ? Original ?

What's value for such this bike ?

It is a very nice looking bike. I am no expert but what I see is,
    1. Wiring, minor.
    2. Chrome, Timing cover, brake pedal, front end pieces and shroud. I was told you could order any chrome you want.
    3. Oil pressure guage. U.S.Guage 0-100 lbs. Last ones on E-Pay 550.00 or more. Also missing bracket that mounts it to engine case at timing cover. You don't want that copper line to break.
    4. Should have chrome ring on ignition. See you have the one on the amp guage, good.
    5. Brake light switch.
    6. M on case under numbers indicate magneto model, you have distributor.
    7. Missing heat riser tube and control.
    8. Missing center stand and probably latch. Can't see if latching mechanism is there. Took me 2 yrs to find original ones.
    It is a VERY nice bike. Has most all the hard to find items. More pics would be better. If there are no case repairs it is even better, but if they have been corrected properly, it is fine. Look under generator for repairs and around trans. My 440 is very similar in condition and have turned down many offers. It is worth what ever you and the other person agree on. Looks like a great rider as mine is. Buy it, ride it , and enjoy it. I sure do.
    Last edited by D.A.Bagin; 05-17-2012, 05:53 AM.
    D. A. Bagin #3166 AKA Panheadzz 440 48chief W/sidecar 57fl 57flh 58fl 66m-50 68flh 70xlh

Comment

nice bike, horn back has cover missing, ammeter face or ammeter incorrect (60 amps is optimistic!). Dash cover screws incorrect. Best to check the provenance of the engine build, and find out what upgrades have been done. I'm sure other contributors will notice more.
      Regards

Tim

'36 four. '44 Chief & sidecar. '28 Scout. '67 XLCH. '70 BSA. and a Guzzi...............

Comment

Working...
      X