Post Canadian Dealers ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post Canadian Dealers ??

Hello , does anyone know these two Canadian dealers , probably long gone as cannot find their names in searches . Both transfers are on my 1916 Excelsior -- McMULLEN SUPPLIES LTD -OTTAWA and PARKDALE MOTORS - MONTREAL , , see pics , thanks have a good riding year , Ken
    Attached Files
    Ken

There's still a lot of visable gray paint Ken. Was the white paint covering the decals?
    Eric Smith
    AMCA #886

Comment

Hello Eric , yes there is a little bit of grey paint left here and there , looking close with an eye glass it looks as though the decals were bigger and the white it a background to the decals themselves . The white is definitely under the decals and on top of the grey , Ken
      Ken

Comment

Ken, do you know the history of your Excelsior, and how it got to England ? BTW; I've been going through my 1916 Excelsior as of late. I stopped about a month ago to work on my Merkel but the X motor and transmission are sitting on my bench, looking at me. It's about time to get back to it.
        Eric Smith
        AMCA #886

Comment

Hello Eric , no ! do not know anything , apart from me buying it from Holland . I'll write and ask if he knows , although I did ask when I bought it but no history was known , if I prod a bit harder something might come of it , let you know but might be while , Ken --- PS Yes it's about time you got on with your '16 , have you got a lot to do ? apart from putting engine in frame etc ?
          Last edited by Ken Lee; 05-04-2012, 04:33 PM.
          Ken

Comment

Here are a few pictures of what I've been doing with the X motor and trans. Also a picture of the 1919 Excelsior from the big auction late last year of the guy whose name I can't remember at the moment. I really should post more pictures of Excelsiors because they are such beautiful motorcycles.

Eric Smith
            AMCA #886

Comment

My '16 Excelsior

Here is couple of pics of my '16 Ex , how do you get big pis on here ?? instead of thumbnails ???? That's a lovely looking outfit !!! are you keeping the chair on ? Ken
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Ken Lee; 05-04-2012, 05:55 PM.
              Ken

Comment

Great thread guys!!! The pics are awesome! Ken, I will check some history tonight and see if I can round up any info on the dealers.
                Cory Othen
                Membership#10953

Comment

Awesome Excelsiors ! Keep em coming guys.

Comment

ken
                    if cory cant help try contacting barry brown or tom wilcox. tom is still on this site, but barry has left us
                    if you pm me I"ll get you barry's email

a few years ago you sent me info/pics on my 1914 clutch - I have misplaced do you have a copy still

still looking for smalls for my 14 "X" belt single eclipse clutch stationary arm, and long actuating arm, troxel seat parts, top engine mount, exhaust nut, gas cap

aka HAWG

100_3652.jpg
                    1914 EXCELSIOR BELT DRIVE SINGLE
                    1914 excelsior belt drive single carcuss
                    1940 indian chief military
                    1965 sportster xlch
                    1969 sportster xlch bobber
                    1971 bsa A65 chopper
                    1969 harley ss350 sprint
                    1960 harley topper
                    1963 harley topper
                    H model whizzer on cheiftain bicycle
                    H model whizzer on schwinn bicycle
                    1949 harley model 125 bobber project
                    1959 harley model 165
                    1960 harley super 10
                    1974 indian 70cc dirt bike
                    EXCELSIOR - ALWAYS MAKES GOOD

Comment

Canadian Dealers

Hello Guys , many thanks for your comments and help , Dave I'll sort out the clutch pics and resend , wish I could help with the bits you want but unfortunately I have no spares but best of luck in your search , I attach pic of my '12 4B which is a lovely bike to ride , hope you can get yours going soon !!
                      Attached Files
                      Ken

Comment

I would love to see this Excelsior thread get bigger, so here's some more pics.

And this is one rare bird. This is a short coupled, road going Big Valve Excelsior. They were no doubt rare in their day. I know of this one, and one other that a member of ours is restoring. I'll leave it to him, if he wants to discuss it.

Last edited by exeric; 05-05-2012, 08:56 AM.
                        Eric Smith
                        AMCA #886

Comment

OH WOW !!! those Excelsiors are great , I particularly like the early twin belt drive and especially the big valve !!! lovely pics , do you know of or subscribe to the Excelsior yahoo web site ?? -- http://groups.yahoo.com/group/excelsior_big_x/ -- be nice to put some pics on there too , Ken
                          Ken

Comment

Ken,

Sorry to say I did a fairly extensive search from 1912-1915 with a smattering of 1916 and came up with nothing regarding the dealers you mentioned. I did go through some photos and found this one as a contribution to the thread. I believe it's an '09 if the ol' memory serves me correct.

Cory Othen
                            Membership#10953

Comment

Thanks Cory , much appreciate help (from everyone) and pics , I think we need someone , enthusiastic who remembers those dealers at the time BUT they'd probably neeed to be about 120 years old , have a good memory and be a motorcycle enthusiast , not sure IF we'll find him !! anyway , that's a nice old'n , yes looks about '09 , pity in a museum and not out where it should be , getting dirt under the mudgaurds !! Ken
                              Ken

Comment

Working...
                              X