Model KR Compression Ratio?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Model KR Compression Ratio?

I know that the basic Model K road bike had a compression ratio of 6.5 to 1.

But what was the compression ratio of the racing Model KR? Was it higher than the standard road K model or not? In the only H-D document that I have that lists the KR compression ratio, it says "Not Available"!

Does anyone who collects KRs have reliable information about the KR compression ratio?
    Herbert Wagner
    AMCA 4634
    =======
    The TRUE beginnings of the Harley-Davidson Motor Co.

Originally posted by HarleyCreation View Post
    I know that the basic Model K road bike had a compression ratio of 6.5 to 1.

But what was the compression ratio of the racing Model KR? Was it higher than the standard road K model or not? In the only H-D document that I have that lists the KR compression ratio, it says "Not Available"!

Does anyone who collects KRs have reliable information about the KR compression ratio?
    This applies to 1952-1954 KRs, when Tom Sifton was "King." After that the factory racing department accepted a borrowed Sifton engine and duplicated the porting, and I never got as deep into the post-Sifton KR era.

When I interviewed tuner/builder Tom Sifton, whose KRs were faster than the Milwaukee-prepared 1952-1954 KRs, Sifton said every one of his porting improvements increased torque or horsepower or both, but each improvement had the coincidental impact of lowering the compression ratio.
    Jerry Hatfield

Comment

Not to sidetrack the thread to far but I have to ask.... Jerry, which of your books did you interview Tom Sifton for?
      Cory Othen
      Membership#10953

Comment

Working...
      X