1932 indian spark plugs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1932 indian spark plugs

can someone point me in the right direction for the correct plugs for a 32 chief ? thamks chris

I think there's a set in the '32 Chief engine I have on the shelf, but I would suspect they are just "hole fillers"- someone will probably chime in whether the plugs from Starklite are correct for a '32- or you could contact Gary Stark and ask him

http://www.starklite.com/indian-moto...ARK-37p390.htm

Comment

Good article by Red Fred in the recent AMCA issue mag on Indian plugs. I believe in that article there is discussion on which plugs were used for which year if your after original plugs.

Comment

Correct plug for 32 chief is an original Champion 13. It is 18mm, not 14 like plugs from 34 and on when indian changed to 14mm plugs. Marty

Comment

Thanks Marty,
          Marty actually penned the article in my column.
          Thanks again, RF.

Comment

Thanks for all the info...i will now be serching for a set of champion 13 s ....might anyone have ...or know of a good alternative, i have seen some modern plugs with nickel plating i thought we be good ??? thanks chris

Comment

I could not find champion 13's & a modern 18mm is too tall very tight to tank on 32 & 33 found on the web Edison albanite HC82 short look old school & start run great. bstevens

Comment

thanks bstevens for your reply...........i will be looking for these too.... had no luck finding any on line .....if you have a source please let me know ..thanks chris

Comment

For anyone needing help with finding old spark plugs, join the Spark plug collectors of America. Super cheap dues [$25] and get the magazine the Igniter. Ads are free. Probably best way to find what you need. Lanny Baron, who was at Oley, is the President. He always has lots of great plugs at the meet. That's why I'm joining.

Comment

I just recieved 4 nos champion # 13 spark plugs..........purchased from Don Mckinsey...you must send him a sas envelope with your request of type of plug and he will send you a letter back with price and availability.has plugs from 1917-1950...address is...
                    Donald Mckinsey P.O. box Wilkinson Indiana 46186

Comment

Thats p.o. Box 94................

Comment

Don McKinsey was very helpful with my spark plug research. He is one, if not the biggest, collector in the states with over 80,000 plugs. Marty

Comment

Working...
                        X