101 Engine DGP18XX and Magneto/Dynamo Identification help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 101 Engine DGP18XX and Magneto/Dynamo Identification help

I bought this Indian Scout Motor years ago and am looking for any additional info on it or the Magneto / Dynamo that was on it. What I have found out so far is that the motor (according to the Oregon Trail chapter AMCA Indian Serial Number chart) is the following:
    1928 Model GEP/101 Engine Number Range – DGP100-DGP4317, Horse Power 6.61
    Description: 45” 101 Scout changeover year from sf Scout, mostly assumed 1929

Here's what I think I remember that I was told when I bought it:
    The guy I got it from, I believe, told me it was used as a hillclimb or racing engine of some kind and told me the name of the guy's shop in NY (I think) that it came from. I just don't remember any of the facts...wonder why?

The Motor has 1/2 inch stroker plates under the cylinders and the Magneto/Dynamo is a Robert Bosch Germany. The pics show all the detail of markings on the mag.

Any Indian/Magneto experts out there? Help!
    Attached Files

Hi,

your Mag looks if it is the correct Mag-Dynamo for Indians. to be sure you need to see if it says DVAR or DVBR on the top / drive side and the cam-ring needs to be correct for 42° (some camrings are marked on the surface that touches the mag - sometimes these are too worn to be read)

I can provide you with more information on these mag-dynamos if you write a PM.

You can find information in the forum of the German Veteran MC Club http://210277.homepagemodules.de/ as well as at http://www.magnetos.de/bmz/php_sites/home.php (also parts and repair service for these)

These magnetos were also used on Super X Streaminers in the US.

Regards,
    gsottl

Comment

Thanks gsottl, It is a DVAR. It was on the 101 engine pictured. Is it proper for a 1928 101 scout?

Comment

Yes, DVAR is fine for 1928. Kent Thompson in Fitzwilliam NH has original parts for these. He will be at Oley.....

Cheers,
        gsottl

Comment

Thanks! I actually know Kent very well. I will have to hit him up at Oley...

Comment

cant help with the mag. so how about some inspiration
            rob ronky #10507
            www.diamondhorsevalley.com

Comment

Thanks for the Inspiration! I just saw pics of this Indian Climber on the AMCA Face Book Page and I think I've seen it at Brookfield NY??

Comment

Working...
              X