Indian model 841 information/help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indian model 841 information/help

i recently found a neat old bike,can anyone help me with a parts or owners manual source? i could also use a couple parts if anyone knows of anything.

thanks for any and all help

You don't want to repair that old bike it is not worth repairing. I will take it off your hands. Just kidding. I would think Starklite cycle would know about as much as anyone, they have been in the Indian business for a long time. Stan

Comment

Originally posted by Old n Rusty View Post
      i recently found a neat old bike,can anyone help me with a parts or owners manual source? i could also use a couple parts if anyone knows of anything.

thanks for any and all help
      I have an original 1942 Model 841 "Operation and Maintenance Manual" (Publication TM-10-1519 issued by Indian and covers bikes with engine #s HDA-101 to 1100) which includes illustrations of all parts, sub assemblies, special tools, repair procedures, specifications and clearances.
      Send me a private message if you need a copy of any particular procedure or detail. I can scan and send a picture of it.

AFJ

Comment

pm sent! thanks for the help guys.........darn thing seems like the clutch is slipping but it has been sitting many yrs.........very neat bike that was largely un-monkeyed with.........we recovered it from a barn just the other day...........huge day for me............we found the 841 and a really neat ex racer bsa figuring 50-51 500 or 350,we loaded those up then went and picked up a bike that really got me warm inside.......1921 excelsior.........and the stars must be aligned in my favor at the moment as 2 days after bringing these bikes home a chance meeting about a early bicycle has taken me to yet another excelsior.......this ones a runner 1915!!!

Comment

heres a pic so you know I'm not full of crap,the ex is behind the 841 and then theres a tweaked timeless bike i have been reworking to make it more like the real thing

Comment

Good score and congrats on the find!!! When you get a minute, a shot of that '15 would be most appreciated!!!
            Cory Othen
            Membership#10953

Comment

thanks,I'm still working on the 1915 ex lead............definitely getting its own thread in the appropriate section

Comment

I hear ya. Best of luck and I hope you drag it home!
                Cory Othen
                Membership#10953

Comment

I have a "Parts Price List" for the 841. It, like any parts book, has photos of many of the parts listed.
                  One of my many goals is to scan my books into the computer and send a CD of the scanned files to AMCA for the virtual library.
                  If you need a copy sooner than my laid-back schedule would otherwise provide, please let me know and I'll try to move a little faster.

For parts and advice, you may also want to contact Ziggy in Washington and Robin Markey in PA.
                  Last edited by Coolbreeze; 03-27-2012, 11:03 PM. Reason: Thought of something more.
                  George Tinkham
                  Springfield, IL
                  www.virmc.com
                  AMCA # 1494
                  1941 Indian 841
                  1948 Indian Chief
                  1956 H-D KHK
                  1960 CH
                  1964 BMW R69S
                  1966 Honda Touring Benly (aka "150 Dream")
                  1984 Moto Guzzi V65Sp

Comment

[IMG][/IMG]

anybody know the scoop on these indian badges?

Comment

They aren't original to an 841.
                      Be sure to visit;
                      http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
                      Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
                      Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

boy they don't look like someone hodgepodged em...........how sure are you about that claim?

Comment

Originally posted by Old n Rusty View Post
                          boy they don't look like someone hodgepodged em...........how sure are you about that claim?
                          The 841 was a military machine devoid of all emblems and shiny stuff.
                          https://www.google.com/search?tbm=is....0.dHSoT-8IkDk
                          Be sure to visit;
                          http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
                          Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
                          Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

boy they don't look like someone hodgepodged em.....
                            You say that as if you don't believe that people were skilled craftsmen back then. Why would they look "hodgepodged" if care was taken to install them?
                            Just wondering...
                            Robbie
                            Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

I've seen the odd 841 with various emblems on the tanks. I think that it was likely a result of the owner wanting it to look a little bit civilianized. They came originally without emblems but you may see them with white painted stars. It looks like whoever put them on your tanks did a good job.
                              Cory Othen
                              Membership#10953

Comment

Working...
                              X