New to the Forum from Southern, NH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to the Forum from Southern, NH

Hello, I'm from Southern, NH USA. I own a 1942 HD XA and I'm in the process of putting it back together. I got an O&M and a Parts book/s. Photo's are not the greatest and is difficult to see parts as they should be....different angles etc. If anyone out here has info it would be much appreciated. I'm not doing a full restoration, but, instead I'm leaving it as much original as I can. I know I'm going to end up putting on repo stuff here and there. I've seen parts on the "auction" site but either they are waaaayyyyy to much than I can afford or I bid on it and don't win...lol! Either way, I hope I can get alot of info as needed. Before and After photo's to come!!!!
    sambo42xa
    Southern, NH
    30's / cloudy

New to Forum from NH

New to AMCA, and from Southern NH-USA. Own a 1942 XA and looking for information and help locating and putting this machine back together. Missing parts here and there and I'm slowly piecing back together what I can with my time and when I have the $. Everything on the bike is original (except new tires which I just put on...thnx Joe!) and possibly looking too keep it as original as I can. I know I'll end up with repo parts here and there which is fine, but as long as I can keep it original as much as possible. I have it posted on that video channel, "Harley XA parts I and II" if you're interested. I also have some Before and After photo's to display later on. The bike sat on a porch for 30 yrs and didn't look quite interesting. But, after some cleaning up it is much more interesting! I've seen parts on the aution site and I have either lost to the bid or just not enough in my wallet or just plain ridiculous $$$$! Trying to find parts here in the states if all possible. Let me know what you got for contacts, photo's, info., anyhing! Hope to hear from you.....
    Thnx,
    sambo42xa
    NH-USA
    30's/ Cloudy

Comment

Welcome, and good luck, only person that may have a line on parts is Steve at Resurrection Cycle Works. He restores WLAs and other old HDs. Lloyd

Comment

If you have not already done so, look up Dave Gamlin from Way Back Wheels- he's in Stratham, NH.

And bring her out to the Yankee National July 27, 28, 29!!!
        Dan Margolien
        Yankee Chapter National Meet July 31/August 1 2020 at the TERRYVILLE Fairgounds, Terryville CT.
        Www.yankeechapter.org
        Pocketvalve@gmail.com

Comment

Working...
        X