New 1940 Indian 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New 1940 Indian 4

ScannedImage.jpg Since this photo does not qualify for "pre 1930 photos" I will post it here. The photo is dated Feb. 1940. It looks like the proud owner has just taken delivery of a new Indian 4. Note the factory/dealer tag attached to the fork. Wonder where this bike is now. Tom #381

great look n photo and a pretty happy camper too.
    gww57.com

Comment

Awesome shot Tom! Is it a local photo?
      Cory Othen
      Membership#10953

Comment

Cory: It is a local photo (southern Ontario). I was unsuccessful in trying to track the owner and bike. Tom #381

Comment

Howdy Tom,

Absolutely beautiful. 440's with those 18's and so little chrome kinda have the last signs of the 30's era about them. Note that clutch pedal firmly latched down, likely with motor idling. I can just see those clutch fingers flexing and hear that throw out bearing groaning.
          Cheerio,
          Peter
          1950 Vincent - A Red Rapide Experience

Comment

I thought so Tom, don't give up on it yet, you just never know....

Peter, I can hear the noise from here!!!
            Cory Othen
            Membership#10953

Comment

Is that not a patch on his left sleeve? Maybe this is a motor officer posing on his new issue bike. He does look pretty neatly dressed, almost like a uniform.

regards,
              Rob
              Regards,
              Rob Sigond
              AMCA # 1811

Comment

Do you know the motor vin?? Looks like mine, LOL, except I'm missing the rear fender trim.
                D. A. Bagin #3166 AKA Panheadzz 440 48chief W/sidecar 57fl 57flh 58fl 66m-50 68flh 70xlh

Comment

Great photo that Tom, Fallon Brown maybe
                  Used it for inspiration on my 440 resto, good detail for that side.
                  Here`s another i found

Last edited by Greg H; 11-21-2012, 12:01 PM. Reason: wrong pic

Comment

Working...
                  X