101 recirculating oil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 101 recirculating oil

I'm looking for the tech info on doing the recirculating oil system on a 101 scout
    thank you
    Ron and Jared

Here are some pics of what I have done.

http://laughingindian.com/
    http://flatheadownersgroup.com/
    A.M.C.A. Member Since 1986

Comment

Thank you Danny may i ask the thickness of the aluminum plate you use as a filler do you mill off the existing boss?? your scraper plate you secure through the bottom of the case i see what would be the tolerance to the fly wheels??
      thanks again this is a great help...
      Ron and Jared
      Last edited by IRONWOOD; 01-26-2012, 10:15 AM.

Comment

Jörgen Sundberg has built a very cool 101 with recirculating oil-system and many other useful upgrades - I think he used Standard Scout cases.....he called the bike the "102 Scout":

http://www.indianworkshop.com/index2.htm got to "restorations" -- "After Restoration - Bike 2" the dark blue 101

Cheers,
        springfield1901

Comment

Post your mailing address and I'll send you some pictures with specs on modifications necessary.

Comment

Wow, you've received some great feedback already. Jorgen's "102" is perhaps the ultimate. I've ridden that bike, and it pulls like a freight train. Not like a stroked Chief mind you, but a Freight Train!
            The photos of the homemade scraper are phenominal. Probably the ultimate way to go. In my young, amature days, my own 101 Scout stroker utilized a fitting in the front "chin" of the cases to scavenge the oil for the recirque pump. Sure, not the most effective method, but very easy to do, and good enough for the girls I went out with then. The oil collected just fine in that forward area, and a simple "drill & tap" was all that was needed to accept a brass fitting to the scavenge side of my pump.
            The standard Scout of '37 offers a bolt on recirque system, but they were rare even then. My own system utilized some "careful" building up, and adapting of a '37 style pump to the 101 cam cover. It all worked fine.
            RF.

Comment

Thank you everyone if you have tech info and pictures you can send it to me at...robbers2000@yahoo.com...i did locate a standard scout cam cover and have an oil pump so i'm gaining posting a picture of the project as it sits today converting a harley wheel for a rear wheel i need to find the measurement from the face of the rear sprocket to the inside face of the rear frame casting then i can mount my sprocket

Comment

rear sprocket placement

i need to find the measurement from the face of the rear sprocket to the inside face of the rear frame casting then i can mount my sprocket

do you mean you want to position your HD wheel? if you mount the engine, you can eyeball the drive sprocket plane to line up with the rear sprocket plane. I trust this more than a "given distance". the frame may be slightly out of whack. done it several times.
                Dick

Comment

THE LITTLE SCOUT AT HEBRON....THE RECIRCULATING OIL PUMP WORKS SLICK JUST HAVING CARB PROBLEMS...I USED THE FRONT MOTOR MOUNT CAVITY AS MY SUMP WITH TWO SCRAPERS ONE ON EACH FLY WHEEL...WORKS PERFECT,,,

Comment

Working...
                  X