Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rikuo RT 750 Search

Good Afternoon guys

I'm currently restoring a interesting motorbike called a Rikuo RT750. As some of you probably know, its known as the Japanese Harley. The bike was in pretty fair condition when I started on it. The sheet metal was a little rough, particulary the front and rear fenders. I was very pleased during the engine teardown to find little wear, with almost all of the internal parts to be in reusable condition.

I do need a favor though. Does anyone know if there is a Member that owns a Rikuo, and does anyone know of a parts source? My primary part that I need is the Exhaust System. It appears that my 750 has a 1200 exhaust. And to make matters worse, the muffler is a complex design.

Its a interesting project, and if you guys are interested, I would be happy to share some photos as I go along.

Have a great Friday yall!

-Denis
    J.Denis McCarthy Come visit The Barber Vintage Motorsports Museum
    www.barbermuseum.org

Dear Denis, I've got a 1953 Rikuo parts book here somewhere, which shows exploded diagrams and still uses Harley part numbers. Let me try and find a copy and maybe load it up to the AMCA Virtual Library.

Comment

HI Denis, Jeff Coffman has a Rikuo. He is in Portland Oregon. hdorjeff@frontier.com 503 538 7028
      Is the Barber Museum still working on a MARSH bike? I am building some muffler's for them. Also going to make a rear frame section.

Comment

Hey Guys

Steve, please do if you can find it. I have a real Rikuo parts book that Brian found for me in Japan. But it does not have the Harley cross numbers. That would be incredibly helpful!! Thanks!

marsh, Thanks for that contact! I'll check on the Marsh on Monday. Do you have any information in regards to it? Thanks!

See ya
        J.Denis McCarthy Come visit The Barber Vintage Motorsports Museum
        www.barbermuseum.org

Comment

Working...
        X