Ersatz BMW R69 on eBay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ersatz BMW R69 on eBay

I may be wrong here... but based on the VIN, this is not even an R69, but an R50 w/ an altered number plate and a R69S badge on the rear fender!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-R...#ht_500wt_1182

Bid up to $4k already.

Cheers,

Sirhr

R69S engine, not R69 which would have a mechanical ignition advance. Correct '55 front fender. Just looks like a '55 R50 frame witha later r69s engine in it. Pretty common mis-match. No foul, just a non matching number project that some fool will pay too much for. The number plate likely came off the original r69S frame. They just bolt on!
    Robbie
    '55 R69
    '65 R69S
    '66 R50
    Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

No foul.... except a description that makes it look like an original barn find. "Original and complete" says title. I'm all for caveat emptor and have little regard for fools who are parted from their money. But it's kind of nice for a seller to put 'some' reality in a their listing... ;-) I guess the honest part is "it was in a barn."

Thanks for the info, Rub. I wasn't bidding anyway. Just one of those items I came across that raised red flags.

Cheers,

Sirhr

Comment

Interesting that this is now down to $3300 and change. Several bidders apparently have dropped out...

Cheers,

Sirhr

Comment

I suspect the bidders that are in are now looking at the value of the engine alone. An R69S engine will bring at least that!
          Robbie
          Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Working...
          X