26 jd plug in socket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 26 jd plug in socket

friend wants to know where it should be located on the 1926 and how is it mounted and what it looks like that it mounts to any Idea???, It's # 8 on the diagram of the book he has but can't remember after 30 years of it sitting around.

On my '27, I think it's just above the battery box. Perhaps on the seat post? Hang on and I'll see if I can find a photo...

Cheers,

Sirhr

Comment

plug.jpg

plug 2.jpg

The plug on my '27 is hanging from the tab on the seat post in front of (and above) the battery box.

Cheers, Sirhr

Comment

thanks for the pics I think he still has the bracket and switch he just wasn't sure about the location

Comment

this tab peewee thinks is made of bakelite cuzz he found an old frame that he bought that has the tab on it, is he right or is it metal?

Comment

The tab is metal. May be brazed to the frame. I can't recall a fastener.

The plug itself (female socket) is bakelite.

Cheers,

Sirhr

Comment

up thru 27 the bracket is basically a clamp around the frame, not unlike how a muffler hanger works. In the free end of the clamp is a brass fitting. The brass is isolated from the clamp by fiber washers. A hot wire attaches to the brass. The accesspory lamp must have had a "banana" plug that would go into the center of the brass fitting.

Later years had a different kind of clamp that secured a fiber board which was the insulator for the hot connection. Maybe this is what 58pan has found.
              Dan Margolien
              Yankee Chapter National Meet July 31/August 1 2020 at the TERRYVILLE Fairgounds, Terryville CT.
              Www.yankeechapter.org
              Pocketvalve@gmail.com

Comment

I won't disagree with DanM. I am going by memory here. I can go out on the weekend and photograph the arrangement closely... but could easily be fiber washers. It's set up for a banana type plug for sure.

Was this for an accessory lamp? Or for a trouble lamp of some kind? I figured the accessory would be hard-wired in. My '27 has an original type spotlight, but I wired it into the switch box.

Thanks Dan.

Cheers, Sirhr

Comment

Working...
                X