Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New online meber but beeen a member for 20+ years !!! FROM NYC but transplanted to PA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New online meber but beeen a member for 20+ years !!! FROM NYC but transplanted to PA

Hi.
    Hey guys,
    My name is James...
    I joined the AMCA after lurking around for most of the 80's in 1992.
    I was a professional musician after coming back fro Namn in late 74 or 25 + years
    As the music scene was changing and NYC becoming real dangerous with the arrival of CRACK and AIDS SO I married a woman I met n tour and move away from it all to PA....though in the Suburbs, that back up to woods...to me it was like Mississippi

Actually living in NYC I honed my mechanical abilities riding n wor ing on Harley's Trimph;s...
    I was good enough to get the 3rd Street Crew or NYC Hell's Angel's to pay me for repairs, custom builds..as my apartment back up to them as I lived on 4th street.
    Being friends with some of the better known members in my area, I decided to go into restoring bikes and collecting PRE-TEENS bikes.
    I opened two business's...One to build CUSTOM BOBBERS and one for restorations.

After getting tired of a collection that ran but was not good to ride I went into Teen bikes with the same out come I wanna ride my bikes and soon found myself searching for knucklehead stuff and early pans.
    The way I worked my way up from early 1900 bikes with there one single cylinder motor and belt drive and up is how I learned how to work on prety much any bike now and got my own evolution of a transmission and overhead valvle as it happened.
    If you are gonna ride your Vintage Bke you BETTER know how to fix it !!! lol

I had a nice colection of over 20 pans n knucks, n flattys until 1999 when a BAD MC accident coming back from Sturgis ended my riding sdays and damn near killed me.

I HATED this as I hated riding new bikes n loved riding my 47 bobber but the chance of kickback ripping metal apart in my back /neck finally got me to let em all go but one my original 54 Golden Anniversary Harley... which stil I have along with a TON of great memorabilia.

I am retired, am disabled but still love playing guitar so I teach kids for free whose parents were caught up in this terrible economic problem the country is suffering through.
    Now n then I get a thrill and will go to see Buddy Guy or someone like that and get to play a song with em and that keeps that part of my life alive.

As far as bikes even though my days of riding are pretty much gone I still borrow a friends bike now n then to go for a short ride but the pain etc... makes it real short.
    I may start to look for a side car rig for me n my wife... as lon as I do not have to hold it up I should be ok maybe an ol Police rig.
    So my love of bikes contiines and always will.

I will probably soon let someone else buy my 54 and memorabilia as it seems only proper that such a great bike and other cool trinkets should be out in the open and not stuffed away.
    Someone shoud be riding that bike.... it had a side car and still has the connections on it but my wife n I went all over here with that baby and it ran perfectly and was great for my wife to be abe to sit and relax and not hold on and take pics.

But what I am most thrilled about is making it to the FLORIDA and then OLEY meets this year that I used to go to with N Muth, R., Superior and other long time members and collectors.
    Hopefully I can make most of em this year...though Davenport will prove a test of endurance with all the walking.

Hope to meet up with a lot of you guys both here and at the meets.
    Well that;s it for now.

keep the wind in your hair and enjoy it all,

James
    Last edited by Voodoo; 01-10-2012, 06:34 AM. Reason: misspelling

Welcome to the forum James.
    Maybe I'll see ya sometime at Wauseon.
    -Bob
    Bob

Comment

Welcome James, If you see a red and white Servicar with "CocaCola" on the box at the FL. meet, flag us down and say hi..............Lloyd

Comment

Working...
      X