TANK DECALS 1972 FLH (Black)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TANK DECALS 1972 FLH (Black)

Anyone have a vendor that could provide the right tank decal for a black 1972 FLH; I beleive it's part #61146-72. The reason I mention the color of the bike is because the black bike tank decals are different than the other colors; they're red and blue under and over the tank emblem; instead of just black on the other colored bikes. Not really looking for NOS, would be satisfied with a reproduced decal. Putting this thread in "Paint" too.

Thanks
    Tim

I replied to your thread under "Paint".
    Lonnie Campbell #9908
    South Cackalackey, U.S. of A.

Come see us at the Tenth Annual AMCA Southern National Meet - May 17-19, 2019 at Denton FarmPark, Denton, N.C.

Visit the website for vendor and visitor information at www.amcasouthernnationalmeet.com

Comment

THFL,
      I realize this is a very late response to a question you posted on 1-9-2012 but I just came across it today. I just wanted to pass along that there is a guy on eBay who is currently selling what I believe you are trying to find. I have a stock 72 FLH that is painted black that needed stock tank decals. I purchased a set of these from a seller named “flattracker24” on eBay. (I think he keeps a stock of these and other decals.) His are reproductions of the stock decal which is very nearly impossible to find. I was very pleased with his service and with the decals themselves. The eBay item number is 221017979577 and is priced at $86.00 shipped to your door. I attached a photo of my bike with his decals on it so you can get an idea of what they look like. Hope this helped! Regards Kerry
      [/IMG]

Comment

Nice looking ride zoomin.

Comment

Thanks cdndewey, I have found and put on a set of original mufflers, as well as an original air cleaner cover and original points cover since this photo. I also have a set of "speed grip" tires on back order that I will put on this fall if I can get them by then. Then that should just about do it other than regular maintenance.

Comment

Originally posted by zoomin View Post
            Thanks cdndewey, I have found and put on a set of original mufflers, as well as an original air cleaner cover and original points cover since this photo. I also have a set of "speed grip" tires on back order that I will put on this fall if I can get them by then. Then that should just about do it other than regular maintenance.
            Well I'm later than you responding, but thanks for the response, did get the decals. Very nice bike Zommin; I've saved the photo. When done I'll have roughly the same look. Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
            X