Speedo Identification?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speedo Identification?

Can someone tell me if this is the correct speedo for a 1969 FL Police Model? Thank you. Bob AMCA#6738
    I got some more info. 540H speedo is from 62-68 and part# 67006-62, and 540AN is part# 67006-68 (years ?). The one I have is the 540H. Does anyone have a picture of a 540AN? Is there a visual difference on the face? I also believe there was a gear ratio change from 4(drive gear) & 13 to 7 & 23. Is that the only difference?
    Last edited by BigLakeBob; 01-09-2012, 03:53 AM. Reason: additional info
    Bob Rice #6738

That number indicates the speedo was produced in December of 1963, if I'm reading this chart Robbie supplied me correctly.

http://www.ruiter.ca/mc/info/SWSpeedoDating.html
    ------------
    Steve
    AMCA #7300

Comment

I have been able to answer my one question and thought I would share. I have a 540AN speedo head and the faces are the same, do not know the year span but according to service bulletin 462A this is correct for a 1969 Police Electra Glide. Thanks for the help Dave. 20 years ago I bought a police replacement head from a Harley dealership but it has kilometers along with mph and it has always bothered me, not aftermarket junk though and it has lasted. Now I just have to check my tranny drive and get the 540AN refurbished. Bob
      Bob Rice #6738

Comment

Working...
      X