mocking up 48 chief

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mocking up 48 chief

hi all after installing fender molding trim is it wise to trim down mounting bolts ?they seem like they stick out pretty far into the inside of the fender? i can see after painting fenders and sheet metal final assembly is going to be a bear not to butcher new paint thanks m.c.

It would be good to do this ,because you won't like it if the fender is slightly off and they drag against tire especially the front and dragging when installing front tire.

Comment

Yes - cut the studs so they are even with the nuts.

Gary

Comment

Originally posted by bigmikecar View Post
        i can see after painting fenders and sheet metal final assembly is going to be a bear not to butcher new paint thanks m.c.
        That right there is why you want to get those fenders, chainguard, etc. to where you can install and remove them smoothly and effeciently, with NO stress points to prevent future cracking, BEFORE you even buy your paint!
        http://laughingindian.com/
        http://flatheadownersgroup.com/
        A.M.C.A. Member Since 1986

Comment

I agree, after mock-up and paint, a little lock-tight and a dremel works for me, then a quick shot or dab of paint to seal them. Just my input.
          Last edited by rigb; 12-21-2011, 05:55 PM.

Comment

hi again okay frame powder coated forks rebuilt and mounted handlebars new and mounted tires and rims new brakes gone thru and mounted. fenders and accessories lights trim ,sheet metal mocked up and ready to dis-assemble. kick stands mounted. what should be my next step? should i re-wire now run hareness and switch or wait till the motor installed ? what can i get done while i wait on motor and painted parts to come back ? m.c.

Comment

Working...
            X