Sad news, Cliff 'Dink' Cornell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sad news, Cliff 'Dink' Cornell

On Friday morning, longtime AMCA member Cliff "Dink" Cornell passed away.
    He will be missed by family & friends and the motorsport community.
    Dink passed just short of his 87th birthday.
    Arrangements are pending.
    Dink by Frueh.jpg

Clifford "Dink" C. Cornell, age 86, World War II Veteran and Purple Heart Recipient , at rest Dec. 16, 2011, beloved husband of Dolores E. Cornell (nee Black) for 66 years; loving father of Claudia (Gary) Taylor, Clifford C. (Kathy) Cornell II and Curt Cornell (Janet Disteldorf); devoted grandfather of nine and great-grandfather of 21; fond uncle of Debi (Mike) Hossbach and John (Anne) Rainis. "Dink" was a legend in Midget Auto Racing, an acknowledged and admired historian of Harley Davidson Motorcycles and an expert in motorcycle restoration. Visitation Tuesday, Dec. 20 from 3 to 9 p.m. and Funeral Service Wednesday, 11 a.m. at Adolf Funeral Home & Cremation Services, Ltd. 7000 S. Madison St; Willowbrook. Services will conclude at the funeral home. Information: 630-325-2300 or .www.adolfservices.com

Comment

I am so sad to have lost my dear friend. He took me under his wing and helped me with working on my servicar. His wife is a dear, sweet lady, and I know she is feeling the loss of her husband. Many people in this club became my friends through Dink. God Bless him, may the Lord's Perpetual Light Shine upon him now and forever. I love you Dink, you have left a big empty place in my heart. Your friend, Denise

Comment

Rest in Peace Cliff. It was a pleasure knowning you. Jerry

Comment

I will miss Dink. Even though I hadn't seen him lately, we spent a lot of good times together. I loved sitting with him telling me stories of his projects and taking in his knowledge. Godspeed my friend.
          Bruce Keith
          AMCA #1467

Comment

My conversations with him at Davenport were an inspiration that I still carry.

....Cotten
            AMCA #776
            Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...,2466244.story

Comment

Working...
              X