Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to Forum from north of Detroit

hello
    I became a member at Wauseon this year. I run a small resto/custom shop out of my garage in Lake Orion Michigan called Road to Glory. My blog is http://curtis-roadtoglory.blogspot.com/, If you feel like taking a look. I work on every type of vintage bike I'm a true enthusiast for anything old with 2 wheels. I started building triumph choppers when I was younger, but as I've gotten older the pre 50's machines have stolen my heart. I have two on going projects 42 Indian 741 that is civilianized and a 29 d which I'm gathering parts for. The Indian is very close down to getting the tanks cleaned out. I have a vision for the 29 something like the "Speer Special" a period looking cut down. Can't afford to try to get the parts to do a resto on it. I also have a few Triumphs in the work and I'm always tuning older bikes for people. Over the years of going to the meets I've met some great people who appreciate someone of my age getting involved in the club. I'm 32 years which is very young compared to most of the members. I have alot of younger friends who also run around the meets. Many of them have not became member yet. I do my best to get them to join. I think alot of it has to do with money. Many people my age are majorly struggling and when they see the prices some of the old men want on their parts it scares them away. Sorry a worn out panhead motor in pieces with broken parts is not worth the $4800 alot of these venders are asking. My age can't afford it. I've heard many member wondering why younger people are not joining. Sadly this is a major reason. I've been around enough to see the same guys dragging around the same parts for years. I really think some guys never want to see these bikes on the road again. If your a older guy holding tons of parts give a young guy a chance hook'm up. He will get the bike back on the road. Isn't that the reason we all do this. Anyway I really hope to get more involved in the club. I just had beautiful little daughter last week and I want her to grow up on the saddle. I risked the roof over my head many time to buy a part, worked swinging a hammer to come home to work all night in the garage. There is many young guys like me out here. Don't let politics and money let the knowledge disappear. Bring back more racing, group activities, sponsor a young kid help him build a bike!!!
    Thanks
    Ryan Curtis
    Road to Glory
    248-842-6799
    Attached Files

Ryan - you might be interested to know that the 2013 motorcycle feature at the Concours d'Elegance at St. John's in Plymouth will be "Vintage Bobbers". Keep us in mind if you'd like to submit an entry for that class. I'm the Director of the Motorcycle Class and you can contact me at any time: motorcycles@concoursusa.org.
    1942 Gnome Rhone AX2 with Bernardet Sidecar
    1929 Magnat Debon 350
    1937 Peugeot 515 SP with Bernardet Grand Sport Sidecar

Classic & Exotic Service, Inc.
    www.classicandexotic.com
    Concours d'Elegance of America at St. Johns
    www.concoursusa.org

Comment

Welcome to the club.
      Ride 'em. Don't hide 'em.
      Dan #6938 FUBO

Comment