Linkert/Beck M7 Junior Scout carburetor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linkert/Beck M7 Junior Scout carburetor

Last edited by badger34; 11-21-2021, 05:34 PM.

As far as I know, BECK was a large motorcycle parts retailer. They did not rebuild the carbs, but offered new carburettors for Indians that they ordered at Linkert and had them labled this way. I am not 100% sure in which time span they offered these carbs, but am convinced they started some time in the 30ies and maybe ended in the early 50ies (someone with a collection of Beck´s catalogues will for sure be able to tell you more precisely)

For sure these Linkert (or Linkert Langenkamp in the 30ies) carbs are better to use today than the original pot-metal Scheblers from the 30ies, as these tend to fall appart!!

Cheers,
    gsottl

Comment

Badger34!

I am privy to an L&L spec sheet for the M8SA, so Linkert is indeed responsible for the re-stamping of the Beck replacements.
      (The fours from M441 are still detectable under my M8SA).

Because Beck issues are not considered "AMCA correct", their values are far below their historical significance.

If the black paint upon the body is original, it would be post-1943.
      The knobs are pre-46, so that narrows it down to immediately after the War.
      If the bowl is bronze, and not a trick of the pic, then it is for an M21, if I remember correctly without my notes.

....Cotten
      PS: And contrary to Gsottl's predudice, late '30s potmetal Scheblers are usually quite repairable, with much of the hardware exquisitely reproduced. Once "blueprinted" they run like new.
      Last edited by T. Cotten; 10-18-2011, 08:20 AM.
      AMCA #776
      Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

what I ment with "fall appart" is basically that I think the pot metal is much more effected by corrosion in the parts where petrol stays than the materials Linkert used in the 30ies. So I am convinced a Schebler pot metal carb can be restored and run good, but the material Linkert used is simply better.

Comment

Working...
        X