Rick Brown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rick Brown

The Yankee Chapter has lost another member on Friday, Rick Brown from Ct. Rick has been a member of the AMCA for many years, and has come back resently with the zest he started collecting with. I'm lost for words, I'm glad we spent the time we did together@ Oley this year--he will be missed!
    Godspeed my friend,you have been taken to soon!

I saw him at Hebron roughly 2 months ago. I asked him how he was doing and he said everything was going OK.
    He was a great hard working honest guy and never had anything bad to say about anything or anyone. 46EL

Comment

Ric was only 47. I just got my Hartford Courant newspaper and his obit is published there today. Again sadly, for the second time in only a few weeks is there anyone out there that can do a google search for it and post a link to here it so everyone interested can read it. Thanks in advance, Jp.

Comment

From the Hartford Courant:

BROWN, Richard P. Jr.
        Richard P. Brown, Jr., 47, of Windsor Locks, beloved husband of Deborah (Renna) Brown passed away peacefully surrounded by his family Friday, (September 30, 2011) at St. Francis Hospital, Hartford after a courageous three-year battle with cancer. Born in Willoughby, OH on July 1, 1964, son of Theresa (Baca) Brown of Windsor Locks and the late, Richard P. Brown, Sr. he lived in Suffield before moving to Windsor Locks 18 years ago. He was a salesman for Integrity Graphics in Windsor. Ric had a passion for antique motorcycles that he collected and restored, he enjoyed playing the guitar and camping with family and friends. Besides Deborah, his wife of 25 years, he is survived by his two children, Tyler and Hannah Brown both of Windsor Locks; four special friends, Bob Davis, Joe LaValla, Steve Harrington and Les Hinckley. Special thanks to all the staff at St. Francis Hospital, especially Dr. Dasanu, Dr. Butensky and Dr. Shumay.
        Funeral services will be held Tuesday, October 4, 2011, 6 p.m., at Nicholson & Carmon Funeral Home, 443 East St. (Rt. 159), Suffield. His family will receive friends Tuesday from 4 to 6 p.m. at Nicholson & Carmon Funeral Home. In lieu of flowers donations may be made to American Cancer Society 825 Brook St., Rocky Hill, CT 06067-3405. To leave on-line condolences please visit www.carmonfuneralhome.com.

Comment

Thanks again BPK, Jp

Comment

Wow I get back from Jefferson to hear more bad news Rick was a strait shooter at the hebron meet he showed up with a couple of bikes he had just picked up,the next meet I saw him at he was trying to set up a deal to buy a Goulding side car I picked up at davenport years ago when I told him it was still hanging in the same spot where I but it 25 yrs ago he wanted to look at it, knowing I would not be selling it he still wanted to get a look, Wish I had him over sooner. Rest in peace Rick

Comment

Wow that really does suck. Rick was down at my place about 7-8 years ago and he bought a 41 servicar. Hard pressed to meet a nicer guy and we had a real good time. Then I did not see him for years. Makes you think when you dont see people we should reach out more and see how they are doing. The big C took another at such a young age and had I known he was sick I certainly would have loved the opportunity to see him again. If you go to the funeral home site listed in the obituary there is a nice video tribute to Rick for those who may be able to put a face to a name. Rick had that sidecar in the video at so many meets awhile back, he flat out loved it. My prayers go out to his wife and young kids. Godspeed Rick.

Comment

Rick was the kind of guy that if he wanted something he came over looked, paid and left. Next thing you know he would be riding it all over hell. I give him credit as one who did what he wanted and enjoyed himself doing it. He was a real nice guy and we lost another Yankee Member way to soon. RIP Rick.

Comment

I met Rick at Oley this year, talked with him at Rhinebeck. Even while He battled His ilness He kept moving forward. He recently was buying a Excelsior or Henderson with a side car, that's why He was selling His awesome original Silver Arrow. There's not too many guys like Him left anymore. God bless Him.

Comment

Working...
                  X