Muffler part number?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Muffler part number?

Hello, I have attached two photos and was wondering if any of you guys can decipher this part number that is stamped on this pair of FLH mufflers. I couldn’t find that part number in my parts catalog that covers 1941-1984 FL models. Would these be considered “correct” on a 1972 FLH? I know they “look” right for that year but the part number, especially that B 9N76 number in a different size and font has me wondering what exactly these are for. Thanks for any help in this matter.
    Attached Files

OK, I am not positive, but I think there were A and B mufflers. The A's are listed as "extra Quiet" in the parts book I have. The rest is the manufacture date. I think these are replacement mufflers. I have one that says 4-72, and one that says 2-73. Those numbers are in front of the part number on mine, not after. And the N? Beats me! I will be glad to find out, also.
    Mike

Comment

My parts book shows "A" as the extra quiet when it's attached to the part number 65242-62 A which says it's a "fishtail" muffler fitting 62-66 FL and FLH and "B" as being extra quiet when it's attached to part number 65242-70 B which says muffler fitting 70-77 FL and FLH.
      So possibly the 9N76 means September 14 1976? Showing the date that the muffler had been re-produced?
      I had acquired these mufflers and was wondering if they would be considered “correct” for my 1972 FLH under a situation if the bike was ever being judged or that at least I could explain what they were if ever I was asked........

Comment

You might want to post that question under "judging". Mike

Comment

Good idea portagepan, I dont know why I didnt think of that. Thats what i going to do, thanks

Comment

Working...
          X