watch,stocks,fobs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• watch,stocks,fobs

circa'12 Harley pocket watch-$1,000 -'06 & '13 Pope Manufacturing Co.[IMG][/IMG] stock certificates ,originally owned by Edward p Remington $800 each-'18 FAM gypsy tour watch fob,perfect score $500-'51AMA gypsy tour award $60

An old watch with a H-D decal applied to the face is a common rip off at swap meets. Same with Chevrolet, Ford, ETC.
    Be sure to visit;
    http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
    Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
    Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

This one is different than the normal H-d logo watches. It is a steel face, not porcelain, and is etched with the name of the owner, W. E. Montgomery. Whether it was a presentation piece or made for the owner by his own design is unknown. The chain and pocketknife were on it when I got it about 20 years ago. One thing that is known about logo watches is that H-d never had anything to do with them. They were created by watchmakers as novelty items. they also used Indian logos, all automobile companies, firearms, etc. They are almost always on lower priced watches and are far more common than thought. the second pic shows a few in the upper right.
      Robbie

Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

cool stuff Robbie . this is a seventeen jewell Illinois watch ,timepiece produced 1899 , wich sounds iffy but talking to watch people this is normal. this was not a cheap watch. there was a nice '20 era watch just sold on ebay for $333.the one in Dunbar book looks like later flatter shield[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

My little experience with pocket watches involves only my family stuff. Unless they are a very special one, they are usually worth about what it costs to fix them. The faces are the hardest part to do right. Mike

Comment

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Working...
              X