Henderson Frame

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Henderson Frame

I have the opportunity to purchase a Henderson motor from a friend. However he has the motor only and nothing else. I do not know at this time which model or year the engine came from. So, I don't know what frame to be posting this ad for specifically but would be interested in considering any replies.

There should be some Henderson guys on here, maybe they can respond when they get back from Davenport. Good luck.

Comment

A few years back when I was fooling with Hendersons I noticed at that time there were KJ Frames around but the motors were scarce. Just the opposite with Deluxe as there were plenty of motors but no frames. I wonder if things have changed since then? 46EL

Comment

Originally posted by 46EL View Post
        A few years back when I was fooling with Hendersons I noticed at that time there were KJ Frames around but the motors were scarce. Just the opposite with Deluxe as there were plenty of motors but no frames. I wonder if things have changed since then? 46EL
        I think that's always been the case. KJ's got robbed of their engines for midget racers. A few years ago, a fellow in Europe was reproducing Deluxe frames and forks. I don't think it was Christian Henn, although I believe C. Henn makes a Deluxe fork.
        Eric Smith
        AMCA #886

Comment

This guy made an ultralight motor out of this engine and flew it everyday up until a couple years ago. I'm hoping that it can be changed back. That big propellar won't look very good on a motorcycle.

Comment

Originally posted by 26modelB View Post
            This guy made an ultralight motor out of this engine and flew it everyday up until a couple years ago. I'm hoping that it can be changed back. That big propellar won't look very good on a motorcycle.
            That ususally means the transmission and flywheel housing have been cut off the engine case. Generally speaking, the engine isn't much good for restoration, although I believe someone was making repair castings for Hens and Indian 4 aero motors. Even still, that would be a hard way to go. I've seen aero motors that have been used in custom applications where a separate transmission has been worked into the mix.
            Last edited by exeric; 09-05-2011, 10:58 AM.
            Eric Smith
            AMCA #886

Comment

That's kinda' what I was afraid of. That's also the reason I didn't bother to look for the serial number or anything on it in the first place. This guy owned a machine shop all his life, so I always assumed he converted it himself. So, I thought it might be worth a try. I'd never heard of the Heath-Henderson aiplane conversion motors until I just found them a few minutes ago mentioned on the hendersonKJ website. I'm thinking now that's probably what it is. Thanks for all the info!

Comment

Working...
              X