New Member in Chicago

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Member in Chicago

Just signed up and in the process of purchasing (what I'm told from a family member) is a 1933 Harley (garage find, though everyone knew it was there). The (now deceased) owner refused to sell, and I've been trying to get this bike for some 25 plus years. Still awaiting pictures and completing the deal but was interested in starting the pre-restoration process by doing research into the bike. This was "the place to go" I was told, so Here I am. Looking forward to reading through the forum and getting advise on the rebuild and where to get parts. Looking forward to meeting other members and see the bikes in this area if and when possible.
    Any other Chicagoan's or near by members, drop me a line.

Ride safe and often,

Bill

OOPS, so the family made a bit of a mistake.... Just got real info and photos of the bike and it's a '42 WLA, not the 1933 previously mentioned. Still buying it but now a new world of parts and info should open up. The plan for now is to clean it up, see if I can figure out what's missing or needed. Take it apart enough to get it into the basement for the winter. The plan for now is to keep it as much as possible original (or at least as is) and get it into running condition by spring. Sorry about the bike swap but this still get's me in the "club".

Ride Safe and often,

Bill

Comment

Welcome, I had a 47 WLA. Cool bikes. David Sarafan ( Way Back Wheels) or that dude Ziggy from Oregon or Washington State have a lot of WLA stuff. Good Luck with your 45. Brian.

Comment

Welcome to the forum

Comment

Working...
        X