International Title Service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• International Title Service

Guys, avoid International Title Service at this point. Even thou these people have done great work for me in the past. Word on the street says that Mom and Pop handed the reins over to their kid and he's done nothing but rip people off. The Vegas BBB just cut them off for not responding to complaints. Bob L
    AMCA #3149
    http://www.thegoodoldmotorcyclepartscompany.com

Bob!

Honest or not, using ANY title mill to register in Illinois will red-flag you to the point where the machine may never ever be title-able in that state ever again.

And quite possibly many other states as well, as it is considered mail fraud.

...Cotten
    AMCA #776
    Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

I used their service. I thought I was getting a title. I got a registration. Completely worthless where I live.

Comment

Sounds like the usual thing, Mom & Pop build a good business and Jr. runs it into the ground. Are there any good title companies recommended?

Comment

Originally posted by rigb View Post
          Sounds like the usual thing, Mom & Pop build a good business and Jr. runs it into the ground. Are there any good title companies recommended?
          Rigb!

You better ask your local DMV before you risk your legitimate VIN to blacklisting for an out-of-state attempt.

Seriously,
          Why do you think SilentGreyfellow only received a registration?
          (At least he can ride in Vegas!)

Title mills shall soon be extinct, and probably for the best.

...Cotten
          Last edited by T. Cotten; 08-06-2011, 07:40 PM.
          AMCA #776
          Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

International Title often uses a Company in Maine, Freedom Motors, to issue a Maine bill of sale, technically not a title. Because of issues with stolen vehicles, a Maine bill of sale can raise a flag in NJ. A Motor Vehicle Investigator may want to see a complete motorcycle, not just the crankcase.

Comment

No title needed or given for a vehicle over ten years (I think) in Connecticut.
              Buzz Kanter
              Classic-Harley.Info Classic Harley History
              [Classic American Iron Forum Classic Harley Forum
              [American Iron Magazine Harley Magazine

Comment

Originally posted by rigb View Post
                I have titled many of my antiques in NY and now in Fl. what you have to do is go to the DMV and speak with a SUPERVISOR . ask "how do I title an antique?" they get the big book of statutes out and look. you can now do the same on line searching. In FL and NY, I only need a bill of sale and in FL a physical ID. Title companies do the same, they have no special rights and must abide by the statutes. that is why it goes in their name. Once I found the statute that defined the process, I now have it highlighted and bring it with me so they can see it. otherwise you start all over again every time. Most states SHOULD have a way to do it. if not, bring it to FL.Richard dixchief@gmail.com

Comment

might want to watch this Lost Title - Scam - International Title Service http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6-yYpWVKbQ

Comment

The feds came onto everybody on the title scene. The best was broadway title. I got three titles from them with no problem 2 yrs ago. Now the feds shut everybody down for almost a yr trying to get thier grips on emissions and what is what..Broadway started up again but with new regulations. Wasn't like it was before and it's going to get worse. I have 2 wl motors i need titled and it looks like it's not going to happen. International is a scam, but try broadway,,,it's a pain and you have to go thru the hoops buts it's still possible for now.. but not for long. mark my words, they are jamming on this, yet homeland security is a priority????I guess thats why i keep losing jobs in the construction trade to illegals out bidding me...Guess if i get free health and food and housing and insurance, i could compete!!!
                    Last edited by len dowe; 09-06-2011, 07:48 PM.
                    AMCA #765

Comment

Are you implying that in florida all i need to title an antique bike is a bill of sale (presumably even a hand=written one from the original owner) and a driver's license or some other proof of identity??

Comment

Howdy! I'm glad this came up again. When I got my 22JD engine last year. After the rejoicing wore off, reality set in. How am I going to get title for this thing. I live in New Nazi Jersey. I called the DMV in Trenton and actually got a pleasant, in formable human being on the line (Get a hold of your self's. This can actually happen!). She sent me a info kit which showed up two days later (Now I'm even floored!). It basically contained the following forms.
                        1. Improper Evidence of ownership/Vehicle abandoned on private property.
                        2.Lien search
                        3. Buyer's declaration-Emergency application for vehicle title
                        4. Newspaper publication instructions
                        5. Notice of intent to obtain title due to improper evidence of ownership
                        6. Application for certificate of ownership
                        7. A bunch of other odds and end forms
                        If New Jersey has this of all states. I find it hard to believe that the other 49 don't. Make some phone calls. I'll let you all know how it turns out. Bob L
                        AMCA #3149
                        http://www.thegoodoldmotorcyclepartscompany.com

Comment

I have never had a problem getting a title to a vehicle that was not stolen. Just bite the bullet and go to the DMV. Ask for an application for title. As long as the number is not on file, usually after seven or less years, you will have no problem. NEVER EVER TELL THE DMV YOUR MOTORCYCLE WAS BUILT FROM PARTS. It is just a vehicle that has been on your family land for years and you want a title to it. Another way is to conduct a lien sale for the vehicle. Either way they will want to verify the serial number.
                          Be sure to visit;
                          http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
                          Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
                          Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

N.Y. is very easy. Everything goes thru special plate division and is as simple as pie. Pic of number or local police letter verification of number, insurance card, notarized statement of origin by yourself, money, and a week later a non-tranferable registration. Couple weeks later a transferable registration arrives which is as good as a title in all states. I have done this numerous times as recently as last year.
                            D. A. Bagin #3166 AKA Panheadzz 440 48chief W/sidecar 57fl 57flh 58fl 66m-50 68flh 70xlh

Comment

D.A. Bagin, Thats good to know as I am in N.Y. What do mean by notarized statement of origin? No bill of sale needed? How do you prove purchase price for tax payment? Thanks for the info.

Comment

Working...
                              X