Turn Indicator Lamps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turn Indicator Lamps

Own a 1965 Panhead EGlide. Need a new 12 V bulb for a Direction Lamp. In the
    Service Manual is the Part Number noted with 68572-64A and for the power "32 C.P."
    (Candle Power?) .
    Can anyone tell me "how many Watt are 32 C.P."?
    Georg

can't tell you how many watts in the light bulb, but you will need a 1157 blub for running light break light and a I think a 1156 for directional use

Comment

I'm afraid there's no direct conversion between candlepower and watts. Watts is an input measure of power consumed and candlepower is an (old) output measure of light emitted, and that depends on things like efficiency, reflection etc.

If you really want to know you may be able to figure it out. You would have to build a circuit with your battery and an ammeter capable of measuring milliamps and your battery. Measure your battery voltage, then build your circuit and measure your amperage drawn and multiply the two together and you will have watts.

Comment

Schorsch, There is no relation between candle power and watts. Below is a link to Sylvania's automotive minature bulb selection. The 1156 bulb uses the S-8 base. On the S-8 chart, three 1156 bulbs are listed, two 32cp and one 24cp. The chart does not list watt but does list amp and volt. The watt formula is amp x volt. By the formula, all three bulbs are showing to be 26W. How accurate the chart is, I do not know. You can get other comparatives at NAPA.

The Sylvania link is http://sylvaniaautomotivecatalog.wbd...t.aspx?mbid=1#

Know too that there are also LED & Halogen replacement 1156 bulbs, which use greater wattage. What cp they provide? I did not find a reference.
        Bruce Palmer III
        AMCA #667

How to Restore Your Harley-Davidson

How to Restore Your Military Harley-Davidson

Comment

32 C.P. are 24,5 Watt

Hi Buddys,
          made a circuit and did a measurement of the Ampere the 32 C.P. bulb need.
          Had 2.05 Ampere by 12,2 Volt. So the bulb has approximately 24,5 Watt !
          In result, the often used 21 Watt bulb by cars has not Watt enough... thanks all
          for the replys - Georg

Comment

Working...
          X