Interesting 1919 Henderson Color

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting 1919 Henderson Color

I was at John Pierce's the other day. He is restoring a 1919 Hen chassis for a customer. After blasting and cleaning some greasy spots, its apparent the bike was originally fire engine red. The original owner was a local ruler in India who interestingly had some other red vehicles including a fire truck. Maybe special ordered for the local fire department? Certainly not a stock color and I've never seen documentation.

Steve, I've had this picture for many years. It's an obvious re-paint, but I thought you would like to see a model H or Z in red.
    Last edited by exeric; 07-02-2011, 10:33 AM.
    Eric Smith
    AMCA #886

Comment

Thanks Eric. A friend of mine has a 1915 Model E. It was owned at one point by a man who worked at Indian. He apparently rebuilt it at the factory. It is Indian red and he grafted an early 20's Scout oil pump to the timing cover. Tanks have Chicago decals on them.

Comment

Eric,

Thanks to your photo post, I heard the owner, after seeing it, is opting to have John do the bike in red as original. John is documenting the remanents of the original color and I will confirm with the judges the validity of the original color if the owner chooses to enter it.

Comment

Working...
        X