1916 Model K

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1916 Model K

... if the picture actually show up this time....

made in Toronto....
    Last edited by Milrite; 06-17-2011, 07:49 PM. Reason: no picture!
    Regards;
    Milrite
    AMCA 17907

Great stuff Milrite!!! I got to have a good look at that bike last summer. I wasn't as on the ball as you with my camera though!!!
    Cory Othen
    Membership#10953

Comment

hopefully tom sees this and gives us the info on this neat little treasure

aka HAWG
      1914 EXCELSIOR BELT DRIVE SINGLE
      1914 excelsior belt drive single carcuss
      1940 indian chief military
      1965 sportster xlch
      1969 sportster xlch bobber
      1971 bsa A65 chopper
      1969 harley ss350 sprint
      1960 harley topper
      1963 harley topper
      H model whizzer on cheiftain bicycle
      H model whizzer on schwinn bicycle
      1949 harley model 125 bobber project
      1959 harley model 165
      1960 harley super 10
      1974 indian 70cc dirt bike
      EXCELSIOR - ALWAYS MAKES GOOD

Comment

Originally posted by c.o. View Post
        Great stuff Milrite!!! I got to have a good look at that bike last summer. I wasn't as on the ball as you with my camera though!!!
        I'll post a link to online pics later. Be forewarned, everyone who looks at the pics... there will be some cycles of non-American origin!!
        I'm going back after lunch. It is about 10 minutes from my place. Hopefully the "Shine and show me your money!" wont lead to divorce
        Regards;
        Milrite
        AMCA 17907

Comment

just got home from paris - tom was on road run so could not talk

if a picture is worth 1000 words, then seeing in person is just speechless - really nice machine I am still salivating 2 hours later

aka HAWG
          1914 EXCELSIOR BELT DRIVE SINGLE
          1914 excelsior belt drive single carcuss
          1940 indian chief military
          1965 sportster xlch
          1969 sportster xlch bobber
          1971 bsa A65 chopper
          1969 harley ss350 sprint
          1960 harley topper
          1963 harley topper
          H model whizzer on cheiftain bicycle
          H model whizzer on schwinn bicycle
          1949 harley model 125 bobber project
          1959 harley model 165
          1960 harley super 10
          1974 indian 70cc dirt bike
          EXCELSIOR - ALWAYS MAKES GOOD

Comment

Originally posted by aka HAWG View Post

if a picture is worth 1000 words, then seeing in person is just speechless - really nice machine I am still salivating 2 hours later

aka HAWG

If he is there in the morning I'll see if I can get a little history on it.
            Regards;
            Milrite
            AMCA 17907

Comment

Originally posted by Milrite View Post
              I'll post a link to online pics later. Be forewarned, everyone who looks at the pics... there will be some cycles of non-American origin!!
              I'm going back after lunch. It is about 10 minutes from my place. Hopefully the "Shine and show me your money!" wont lead to divorce
              Holy Cow!!! Your taking a chance at posting non-American bike pics!!! Just kidding, I'm looking forward to seeing the photos!!!

Originally posted by aka HAWG View Post

aka HAWG
              It is a beauty for sure and nice piece of local history for you folks in Ontario.

Originally posted by Milrite View Post
              If he is there in the morning I'll see if I can get a little history on it.
              If you can track him down, Tom will certainly know the history!!! His early bike knowledge is amazing!!!
              Cory Othen
              Membership#10953

Comment

'16 K

I remember meeting Tom years ago at Breakfast during Oley. We were all bunched in the same little place, and shared a table. We started comparing our stuff, and low & behold, we shared ownership in some pretty bizarre machinery. We both had; '16 Ks, Cord automobiles, 401s, '30 Chiefs, etc......
                My own '16 Featherweight was an original paint example I managed from Gwen, the guy who used to build those fake Crocker OHV 101 Scouts. They were cool, and he hit the scene hard back then. I scored the bike at the Eustice meet. It hung above my computer for years (I was going to get to it someday) until my Dutch buddy expressed a very strong desire for it. He is actually a much better home for it, and he got it running, and I can visit/use it when I wish. (it's now in Holland though). I've replaced the hanging spot with my '25 wedge tanked Prince.....a true manly bike, much like the Featherweight.
                I do miss the K though, and it's cartridge sprung fork.
                Stepping lightly, RF.

Comment

I just got unpacked from the Paris meet and was surprised to see pictures of my K on this site. I have owned it for about 15 years. It was a pile of pieces missing the gas tank and some small parts when I bought it. The seller's late father had found the parts piled up at the curb for garbage pickup in Toronto years ago. Later, the elderly lady who had disposed of it was selling her house and going into a nursing home. Her neighbour, an antique dealer found a box with the gas tank in the attic. He would not let the fellow with the bike have the gas tank. To make a long story short I eventually was successful in trading the gas tank for about 7 valuable old tin toy cars and trucks. I found the clutch pedal at Oley. The original grey rubber front tire had to be replaced but I am still looking for a used grey 26X 2 1/4 tire for it. I should have it running shortly. Tom Wilcock

Comment

Working...
                  X