Chief rear shock tool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chief rear shock tool

I have to remove the rear shocks on my 48 chief. Someone told me that it's pretty simple to make the tool you need to take them off. I'm pretty handy and l would like to make it if someone could discribe to me the tool measurements and thread. It looks pretty simple in a picture I came across , but still can't tell by a picture .
    Thanks

Picture from internet.....
    Attached Files
    Louie
    FaceBook >>>Modern Antique Cycle
    Blog Site >>> http://louiemcman.blogspot.com/
    YouTube >>> LouieMCman

Comment

Thanks, now I have a much better idea.

Comment

I need to pull mine off too. Does anyone know the thread size? Also the length of the slug on there? Thanks

Comment

I made mine by welding an old top bolt,that has the grease fitting, to the threaded rod,and grinding off the nut flats.Crude but simple.
          Tom

Comment

The spacer is 1 and 1-8 o d. by 3 and 3-4 long, I think mine is a piece of electrical conduit. The inside is a piece of 3-4 threaded rod with a standard nut welded to the end. The rod is 6and 3-4 long including the nut welded to the end. The other end was cut down to 5-8 dia. and3-4 long, this was then threaded to 5-8 by 24 threads. All of this was done on a lathe because the threads are not standard. You can do as Tom and just weld a old top bolt on the end of the rod.
            Jim D
            Jim D

Comment

thanks Jim!! my bro has a machine shop I will go see him!

Comment

Working...
              X