Showing a daily rider question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Showing a daily rider question

I am restoring a 1970 650 BSA Lightning to be a daily rider. However, living in Birmingham AL, I would like to show the bike at Barbers this October. I have gone through painstaking efforts to obtain original parts, but my budget is now short of getting everything rechromed. I am not concerning with winning or anything like that, I would just like to exhibit my bike at the show. Are there any pitfalls to showing a bike that you now is not quite finished?

You are able to and are encouraged to show anything. You are not however able to get it judged as restored without all finishes being restored. So take it and show it, and enjoy owning and riding it!
    Robbie
    Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Barber has no affiliation with the AMCA or AMCA judging that is dicussed in this forum. Chances are you can do whatever you want at the Barber's museum bike show, and AHRMA race weekend. Or contact them for their bike show criteria.

Comment

Rub,
        Thanks for the heads up. My budget for the finishes will have to wait for winter, maybe I can have it judged next year.

Fabercycle,
        Sorry, I was just going by the Baber's website listing AMCA as the organization putting on the Show. In fact that is how I found the information on AMCA. It shows AMCA event on Oct 7th.

Comment

The Barber Show is run by the Confederate Chapter of AMCA and is open to bikes regardless of their of whether they are eligible for normal AMCA judging. It is a viewers choice show, where the crowd votes for their favorites in 10 year time periods. There a bikes with correct restorations, and mongrels like my Model J. They are great folks and it's a good time! Bring out your bike and show it. I'm just down the road in Sylacauga. Al., so PM me if you have any questions.
          David Morrill
          Sylacauga, AL. USA.
          AMCA #15284

Deadly Dave's Blog
          Sharing the Lost Stories of Early American Motorcycling.

http://dlmracing.blogspot.com/

1921 Harley-Davidson Model J Racer

It will break a hundred, if you drop it from a plane!

Comment

David,

Thanks. That sounds like a good time. If you are going to the races next month maybe I will get a chance to pick your brain a little about the in's and out's on restoration.

Comment

Working...
            X