Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uploading photo questions

Folks,

I used to be able to upload photos to the forum from my wife's VISTA laptop, after jumping through many hoops, but now the attachment manager just sits and spins endlessly on the 'upload' hoop.

Did an update of Explorer ruin it for me?

Thanks in advance,

....Cotten
    AMCA #776
    Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Mr. C:

Are you using the advanced upload system (and the "Manage Attachments" button) or have you been able to upload photos through the quick reply box?

Bill Wood

Comment

Originally posted by wlwood View Post
      Mr. C:

Are you using the advanced upload system (and the "Manage Attachments" button) or have you been able to upload photos through the quick reply box?

Bill Wood
      Mr. W!

Sorry for the late reply,
      but my daytime shop PC hasn't been able to respond ever since the last forum update.

After all, nobody using a PC should have respect for anything obsolete, no matter what the subject matter, huh.
      The 'quick reply' box never offered attachments in the format I view.
      "Manage Attachments" worked fine, with a dozen or more hoops to click on, until now.

My wife's choice to update the Explorer seems to be the most likely gliche.

I learned to never update any machine over four years old many years ago.
      Left unmolested, they usually do fine.

Just like other obsolete machines,

...Cotten
      AMCA #776

Comment

i updated windows a while back.now it is some 64 bs. and it don't work for sh@t with anything. i almost removed with a bat.it was days of all new installs java google chrome, then windows 7 would fight windows 8
        rob ronky #10507
        www.diamondhorsevalley.com

Comment

Mr. C:

I've been trying to reproduce this problem with other machines, and I can't get it to happen. Is anybody else having a problem with an upgrade to IE?

I know this probably isn't what you want to hear, but Firefox seems to handle all this pretty well and it's free at http://www.mozilla.com

Bill Wood

Comment

Mr. W!

I broke out a faithful old Compaq just so I could upload by dial-up.
            Not sure whether my wife would tolerate a new browser on her precious laptop or not!

....Cotten
            AMCA #776

Comment

Cotten!!!

I have Vista and while I don't like it as much as the former version I can manage to manage attachements! It may just be dumb luck however!
              Attached Files
              Cory Othen
              Membership#10953

Comment

If you upload your pictures to photobucket then paste the photobucket IMG Code here this is what you will see.
                Be sure to visit;
                http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
                Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
                Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

I just wanted to see if I had the same trouble as Cotten with the "managing attachements" scenario. Photobucket has been my preferred method for a few years now but I understand that some folks don't want to go that route. If you have exhausted all avenues Cotten and want something posted, feel free to send it my way and I'll get it on the forum for ya!
                  Cory Othen
                  Membership#10953

Comment

Folks,

External photohosting really sux when you search an old thread and find: (attached)

....Cotten
                    PS: The vista machine will also no longer "drag" my previously loaded photos into the attachment box.
                    Attached Files
                    AMCA #776

Comment

Originally posted by T. Cotten View Post
                      Folks,

External photohosting really sux when you search an old thread and find: (attached)

....Cotten
                      PS: The vista machine will also no longer "drag" my previously loaded photos into the attachment box.
                      you find that image when the owner of the photo removes it from his photobucket. it is not photobuckets fault
                      rob ronky #10507

Comment

Originally posted by rwm View Post
                        you find that image when the owner of the photo removes it from his photobucket. it is not photobuckets fault
                        Rob,

I don't care if its ImageShack, Photobucket, Kodak's or Whatever external photohosting site, it sux compared to uploading to this forum directly.
                        Unless we just don't care about old posts disappearing.

(Start at page ten of the "Old Photos" thread.)

At this point, I have one decade-plus-old PC that still uploads to this forum, as long as I do not update its browser.
                        What more could I ask for?

...Cotten
                        AMCA #776

Comment

on page ten you see photos by ol rust they have been removed by him. not the the club not photobucket or anybody else. he deleted his photo.

if you have a laptop bring it to wauseon and lucy will show you how. without her i wouldn't know how to plug this dam thing in.on monday the 2 above photo go bye-bye.
                          rob ronky #10507

Comment

i maybe eating some crow here. i have deleted these two photos from my photobucket page.you can see they are still here.
                            rob ronky #10507

Comment

Rob, you have confused me,...

But I will admit that jumping through a dozen hoops to upload directly is no different than jumping through a dozen hoops to externally host.

When will the cybergeeks who write these formats realize that more and more bells and whistles do not impress anyone but another cybergeek.

Utility first, cutesies later. Very very much later.

I shudder to think of the millions of man-hours wasted while we wait for "smiley face" options to open.
                              Maybe its just a dial-up thing, but its sinful nonetheless.

....Cotten
                              AMCA #776

Comment

Working...
                              X