Birch white match

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Birch white match

Does anyone know a close match paint code to match birch white that I can pick off the shelf from an auto parts store. I had one that was a Honda car color that matched but I seemed to have misplaced it.

Thanks,
    Rick

Rick,

The way I was told by reliable sources is that Birch White was a standard GM color for many years. I would think any body or paint shop should be able to give you the code and bop on down to the AP store to get it.

Tom (Rollo) Hardy
    AMCA # 12766

Comment

When I had my 64FLH painted the painter said he had no problem with getting birch white by using the Harley color code #. The Hi Fi red was another story.

Comment

I was told 1968-69 Ford Wimbledon White is a very close match.

Comment

I am looking for the same thing. What I found so far was 2010 Hummers had a Birch White color. The Dupont paint code is B8550. Just not sure how close it matches the original Harley color.

Comment

I don't know the first thing about paint. I had a bike painted about 20 years ago. Had the paint mixed by an old shop in Milw who said they had the factory codes. I still have the can, It reads: PPG Duracryl Acrylic Laquer Ditzler Finishes #DDL 90303 Birch White.
            Hope that helps and you can make sense out of that.....Rod

Comment

Just find a sherwin Williams auto paint shop.they have code for birch white. Did a spray out and it is dead on to my 62' original paint.

Comment

Harly Davidson still uses birch white and sells birch white in their dealerships.

Comment

Dupont has a Birch White specific to HD.. Their code is AV and Dupont #809233K Any store that carries Dupont should be able to mix it for you
                  Greg

Comment

Originally posted by longhorn View Post
                    Harly Davidson still uses birch white and sells birch white in their dealerships.
                    I believe the new birch white is several shades different from the old birch white.

Comment

Originally posted by t-jacobs View Post
                      When I had my 64FLH painted the painter said he had no problem with getting birch white by using the Harley color code #. The Hi Fi red was another story.
                      What Harley color code?
                      Be sure to visit;
                      http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
                      Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
                      Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

Working...
                      X