Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indian Jade green

Hi

Any ideas how to replicate Indian Jade green, Dupont in the UK have no idea. Is there an equivalent colour code, European auto colour, RAL/BS number?

Regards

Tim
    Regards

Tim

'36 four. '44 Chief & sidecar. '28 Scout. '67 XLCH. '70 BSA. and a Guzzi...............

HI Tim,
    When I did my little '40 Sport Scout in Jade Green, I just brought in every Indian book and publication that depicted a bike of that color. I let the painter do the rest. That's pretty much how I do all my color matching. So far so good. But be sure that YOU like the color in the publication. AS on my last paint job, the book showed a slightly different hue than what was in my mind. The painter matched the book, not my mind!
    RF.

Comment

I'll tell my pal, as he's building a 40 Chief bobber and this is the colour he likes for the tank. Thanks for the advice. Keep it coming.
      Regards

Tim

'36 four. '44 Chief & sidecar. '28 Scout. '67 XLCH. '70 BSA. and a Guzzi...............

Comment

Hello Indiantim,

The Jerry Greer website (http://www.jerrygreersengineering.com/) has listing for paint codes. The single stage codes are free, and can be looked at in the on-line catalog. A plastic laminated set of paint chips and codes is available for purchase ($12.00). I am trying to decide between Jade Green or Kashan Green for a repaint on my 1947 Chief.

Take care,

Steve Bryson

Comment

Hi Tim, another UK member here can post you a copy of the J Greer laminate, PM if interested.

Just done my 40 Fallon Brown,painters moan about using such a small sample as may look different on large area.

Just wonder how consistent the colour of batches was in 40 anyway?

Comment

Working...
          X