WANTED: Indian Chief rebuildable armatures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WANTED: Indian Chief rebuildable armatures

I need 3 or 4 old, but re-buildable, straight shaft generator armatures. GAS 2076 or GDE 2076 are the numbers. As long as the comm isn't too screwed up and the threads aren't real bad, I can fix em.
    Thanks, Bob, Beard Machine in NJ

Bob,
    Any X076 series armature will work. Only differences are the windings, & commutator indexing. That`s taken care of at the rewinder`s.

IndianFrank
    Indian Generator Gestoration

Comment

Originally posted by IndianFrank View Post
      Bob,
      Any X076 series armature will work. Only differences are the windings, & commutator indexing. That`s taken care of at the rewinder`s.

IndianFrank
      Indian Generator Gestoration
      What's the gestation period on your work? (ha-ha...)
      how's the challenge on sport scouts (opposite rotation as chief)? .. my builder is swamped.

Comment

Indian Frank is one of the best craftsmen I have delt with. He returns a generator to you that works and looks perfect. The one on my '40 Chief has never failed in over 10 years and still looks like a million bucks.
        Eric Smith
        AMCA #886

Comment

Originally posted by exeric View Post
          Indian Frank is one of the best craftsmen I have delt with. He returns a generator to you that works and looks perfect. The one on my '40 Chief has never failed in over 10 years and still looks like a million bucks.
          Eric,

If you like what I was building 10 years ago, you`ll love what comes out of my shop today. Besides making numerous internal improvements over an original generator, I`v sourced my own electronic regulator chips in 6 & 12 Volts. Have been building them for over two years. Both cutout & regulator style. No complaints or failures. According to my test bench they work a little better than what`s currently available too. You may want to consider sending me your gen next winter for an electronic regulator retrofit, & tune up.

Thanks Eric !

IndianFrank
          Indian Generator Restoration

Comment

Originally posted by Phil Mast View Post
            What's the gestation period on your work? (ha-ha...)
            how's the challenge on sport scouts (opposite rotation as chief)? .. my builder is swamped.
            In stock generators usually ship the day after the check clears. "Special orders" take longer.
            Scout generators are not a challenge. Keeping up with demand is.

IndianFrank
            Indian Generator Restoration

Comment

Hey Frank
              Thanks for the info. I'll also take 10% commission on any sales you make off my WANTED post. I've gotten no responses, all yours

Comment

Originally posted by cdf6333 View Post
                Hey Frank
                Thanks for the info. I'll also take 10% commission on any sales you make off my WANTED post. I've gotten no responses, all yours
                Bob,

No problem ! Where do I mail the check ?? LOL!

IndianFrank

Comment

Frank restored the inside only on my 440 with the electronic cut-out and looks it like the rest of the bike. It is working perfectly. He is THE MAN when it comes to Indian gennys.
                  D. A. Bagin #3166 AKA Panheadzz 440 48chief W/sidecar 57fl 57flh 58fl 66m-50 68flh 70xlh

Comment

Working...
                  X