OIL FOR 4s AVAILABLE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OIL FOR 4s AVAILABLE

I figured here rather than the for sale area because this pertains to fours. I have available specially blended NON-DETERGENToil with the proper amount of ZDDP to run in our flat tappet motors. This oil is blended from pure Pennsylvania crude by a specialty oil company that blends for race and off-road applications. I have been working with them over the winter and 40wt is done now. 30 and 50 will be done in a couple weeks. These are true wts. It is availible in straight 30-40-50wts in a 5 gallon pail with a spout. Finally we have something to use that has these properties. Oh, and this is for off-road use only. PM me for more info.
    D. A. Bagin #3166 AKA Panheadzz 440 48chief W/sidecar 57fl 57flh 58fl 66m-50 68flh 70xlh

Interesting!! Do you have access to the data on this oil? Was just wandering what the PPM level of ZDDP is in it, and if this level is the same for all Wts to be offered..... thanks..Joe
    Joe AMCA# 3435

Comment

Give me couple days or so. I'll post it here. 50 wt is here. All wts will be the same ratio. Believe 1400 ppm zinc, 1300ppm phosphate. Has anti foaming agents. Has worked very well in my unknown history 440. Have close to 1000 miles on it since October and usually go on 50 to 100 mile rides in 40 to 70 degree weather so far.
      D. A. Bagin #3166 AKA Panheadzz 440 48chief W/sidecar 57fl 57flh 58fl 66m-50 68flh 70xlh

Comment

Sounds good DA. Looks like the levels are simlar to some of the Amsoil lines. What are the advantages of non-detergent versus detergent oils?...Joe
        Joe AMCA# 3435

Comment

Joe, Detergent oils keep particles in suspension for an oil filter to remove which fours do not have unless they have been modified. When you have a motor with unknown history and some sludge build-up you don't want to loosen this junk up with detergents to flow throughout the motor, especially with babbit bearing surfaces and flat tappets. Non-detergent oils let this junk settle to the bottom. Use magnetic drain plugs to catch these filings especially in the tranny area since it is common to the motor. The problem has been to find other than 30wt oil. Even this doesnt have any ZDDP and you end up blending something into it to hopefully get the proper amount. At least in my area this is so.

Comment

Working...
          X