Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 15 Gas Tank

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1915-...item19c48d5085

I can't afford it (don't even know if it's a reasonable price or a little inflated), but the pictures are great for reference material to rebuild one with the pieces I have. Just thought I'd let people know this is out there.

You saw that too did ya? I'm thinking the price is a little inflated. But hey, ya never know what'll sell on e-bay!
    Cory Othen
    Membership#10953

Comment

I thought it was a bit high. I just love the detailed pics! They are what I needed to see, and raise some questions for me about original tank construction. It almost looks like the pieces that I have were fixed to the main body of the tank with some sort of sealant/adhesive/epoxy?, and not welded on. If I lived just a bit closer I would drive down and look at the tank firsthand.

Comment

i've sold original paint tanks for more than 2 grand,but they were more solid than this one. also this isn't a 1915 tank. 15 had the larger filler spout. this is likely a 13 or 14. and probably not original paint because the originals said hendee manufacturing under the script. plus there appears to be some lead repairs under the decal. it does look like a really old paint job though .
        www.motorcyclecannonball.com

Comment

Even better! Since a tank for a 14 is what I have to build. I emailed the guy and asked for some measurements. Have to wait and see if he gets back to me or not...

Comment

The ad really doesn't say "original paint", but does say "original" about 12 times...........
            Louie
            FaceBook >>>Modern Antique Cycle
            Blog Site >>> http://louiemcman.blogspot.com/
            YouTube >>> LouieMCman

Comment

Whoa.... I didn't know these things were trading for that kind of dinero! I'm counting myself as being lucky not to be on the hunt for one!
              Cory Othen
              Membership#10953

Comment

I agree with Cory, nice tank, but heavily inflated on price I think from the 'racing' word attached to it. Still, eventually someone either pays the dosh or the price reduces until it finds the market level.
                Michael Voice
                Membership Number 10556

Comment

Working...
                X