best pistons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• best pistons

i am going to rebuild the top end on my 62 xlh .nos hd. pistons are available is that the best to go with nowadays also what about valves and guide. thanks mark amca#8993

If I had oem pistons that's what I would use. I've been using Rowe cast guides with unfinished bores so they can be reamed and honed to the proper size. And Rowe machined black melonite (spell ck. that) coated valves. Allways have good luck with the combination.
    Any other ideas-suggestions?
    Kerry AMCA # 15911

Comment

hey kg993 thanks for your input.i was thinking rowe cast iron guides and valves by rowe or kibblewhite mark amca#8993

Comment

Do the vales from ROWE have any markings on valve head? I just received some from AAOK and they look like replica valve with thee part number, INT (or EX) and HD Forged on the end.

Comment

Rowe valves at least in the later years before closing shop, which was a sad day for motor builders, all have the Rowe name and part # printed just below the keeper groove and have smooth heads. I think a person will be lucky to find a Rowe part still in stock today.
          I read your other post about ordering specific but getting an assortment of valve styles. That's not acceptable in my opinion. I had a similiar ordeal with another vendor when the word got out that Rowe was closing and I was ordering their guides anywhere I could find them. I confirmed over the phone that I would recieve Rowe parts but only generic guides arrived in the order. Each one had a different inside diameter, and obviously from different manufacturers. The worst one has .005" stem to guide clearance. This came from a working shop, and if I worked there I would have had all questionable parts like these pulled and checked before sending out. I prefer reputation over profit.

Kerry
          Kerry AMCA # 15911

Comment

Working...
          X