Magneto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Magneto

I don't know if this belongs here or not but my question is: Can the rotation of a magneto be changed or is it wrote in stone so to speak. I have located an original (Hertz - speeling?) magneto for my 1914 Theim single but it is originally off of an Excelsior and I believe that they rotate in opposite directions.

Jerry

I don't know about your Hertz magneto, but the Bosch magnetos were designed to be able to change direction with the replacement of a few small, external parts (cam ring, cable arm) and repositioning a couple others.
    --Darryl Richman
    Follow my 2012 Cannonball Blog!
    http://darryl.crafty-fox.com

Comment

Jerry, I've got info on tuning a Herz magneto. From what I've read I would say Darryl's post is leading you in the right direction. It's a matter of swapping some parts and some adjustments and you should be able to switch directions.
      Cory Othen
      Membership#10953

Comment

If anyone is interested, we have started using Marks Magneto Service in Colchester, CT. He is really on the ball and has a very good stock of parts and original magnetos. 860-537-0376.

He would be able to answer your question for sure and probably has the parts to do your swap if needed.

Cheers,

Sirhr

Comment

Working...
        X