Chief Carburetor Prices???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chief Carburetor Prices???

I am packing for Eustis and found a couple Linkert carburetors I want to take along and put on the table. Can I get some reasonable estimates on what to ask for them? Are they in the same price ranges as M51 and M35 HD models? There is a brief description of each. M344:very complete including bowl and throttle lever. M342:no bowl or linkage. Both are in original condition. Both have both needles and butterflys. Threads on both bodies are good. Nothing is frozen or rusted solid. I looked the numbers up on an Indian chart and these appear to be WWII Chief carburetors. Any help from the pros would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.....

There were 2 recently sold 344's on ebay and they are correct for 44 to 48 Chiefs. One with an Intake and Air Cleaner went for about 380. Another barn fresh looking 344 went for 280 something. If you put the 344 on a table at a meet and get 300 for it you would be doing good in my opinion. At 300 on ebay figure in 13% of the 3 bills going to ebay and paypal. As far as the 342 Chief Carb it is a rare as they probably were only used on 42's or maybe 43's also. I can't remember if they made a M-343? The problem with a rare carbs sometimes it is rare to find someone who needs one at a swap meet. Maybe better luck on ebay finding the one guy who needs one. Maybe price that one a little higher and see what happens??? Good Luck! 46EL.

Comment

Working...
    X