Cyclemotor Corporation , Rochester NY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cyclemotor Corporation , Rochester NY

Hello , does anyone know anything about these cycle attachments ?? apart from being 119cc and I think being produced from the mid teens to mid '20's !! and I think producing the Evans motorcycle of their own . I have an Excelsior bicycle with such an attachment , it is made by the EXCELSIOR MFG , CO , MICHIGAN CITY , IND , with a coaster brake and double braced frame , would be nice to find out the year of the bicycle ? will post picture when I can , anyone have any literature on these Cyclemotor attachments ?? many thanks , Ken
    Last edited by Ken Lee; 02-03-2011, 05:17 PM.
    Ken

Hi Ken,
    I have a book on the history of motorcycles made in New York it says that the cyclemotor corporation of Rochester NY was in business from 1915-1924 about 9 pages total there is a break down by year about the cycles and it also talks about the evans motorcycle among other things.
    Chuck
    AMCA Member#1848

Comment

Hello Chuck , thanks for confirming the years , what is the book called and can you give me the ISBN number ? , I'll try and get it from my local library !! or any chance of scanning the relevant pages on here ?? . thanks anyway , Ken
      Ken

Comment

Hey There Ken! You might find this link of some interest... http://dialyourride.wordpress.com/19...emotor-engine/
        Cory Othen
        Membership#10953

Comment

Hee heee !!! thanks Cory , that's the one I just bought !! being delivered tomorrow (Saturday) needs some fettling etc but hope to ride it under own steam soon , have to finish another project first though !! Many thanks , Ken
          Ken

Comment

Well ain't that something??? I know I have some ads for the Cyclemotor here somewhere but I figured that link might do for now. Another project first eh? Do tell...
            Cory Othen
            Membership#10953

Comment

Hello Cory ,
              Nothing to get excited about !! I'm restoring a sidecar (Austrian 'Felber') for a friend , unfortunately taking far too long over it BUT hoping this new 'project' will get me moving a bit quicker . Ken
              Ken

Comment

Originally posted by Ken Lee View Post
                Hello Cory ,
                Nothing to get excited about !! I'm restoring a sidecar (Austrian 'Felber') for a friend , unfortunately taking far too long over it BUT hoping this new 'project' will get me moving a bit quicker . Ken
                Hey Ken,

How about a couple pictures of the sidecar in the sidecar section?

And a couple of the new addition you have there of the cyclemotor here
                Title of the book is The Motorcycle Industry in New York State by Geoffrey N Stein if you can't locate it I will scan some pages for you..........with the help of my daughter....
                Chuck
                AMCA Member#1848

Comment

Ken that bike looks to be in excellent condition now. What are your plans...to get it running or do a full restoration. This may be rude but what would you have to pay for a machine like that?
                  Ross

Comment

Hello , I hope I've managed to attach some pics of the bike !! Thanks Chuck , I'll see if I can get a copy of that book , Ross , I am not planning a "full" restoration , just want to get it running , I prefer them to be left as found , as long as not too far gone , there is a lot to do as the bike and engine have never been together and I need to get a rear rim for the belt drive , may have to tinker with the frame as not much room for the run of the belt !?? Plus a little look at the engine reveals the mag has no spark , the piston is loose in the bore , from looking through the plug hole , haven't removed the cylinder yet and as I said previously , I have a sidecar to finish ! But had to have a little look as it only arrived today !!! thanks for your interest and advice etc , Ken
                    Attached Files
                    Ken

Comment

That sure is a funky little bike!!! It would be fun to terrorize the neighborhood on! Do I smell a London to Brighton run?
                      Cory Othen
                      Membership#10953

Comment

Ha ha , I terrorise the neighbours enough !!! although they are used to me ! anyway this bike is too 'new' for the London Brighton Run , which is on March the 20th and I do the run on my 1904 bike , a one off ?? as far as I can find out , called a "James H. Smith" , single speed , pedal away and go , no clutch so try not to stop !! and a friend does the run on my 1912 Excelsior 4B , I've copleted the run 18 times , fantastic day out , great atmosphere and about 360 pre 1915 bikes . I am told the Cyclemotor is about 1922 , not sure about the age of the bike though ?? unless you know ??
                        Ken

Comment

What was I thinkin'??? Of course your new acquisition is to new for London to Brighton!!! That ride does sound like fun though. You know that you mentioned another bike of yours.... now we're gonna want to see pictures...

It appears as though others have asked questions regarding the Excelsior bicycle from Indiana.... http://thecabe.com/vbulletin/showthr...ade-in-Indiana

Here's a link with another bicycle.. http://www.nostalgic.net/bicycle415.htm
                          Cory Othen
                          Membership#10953

Comment

I've always seen those motors as "Evans", I know a guy in Ohio who has a nice original one.
                            Louie
                            FaceBook >>>Modern Antique Cycle
                            Blog Site >>> http://louiemcman.blogspot.com/
                            YouTube >>> LouieMCman

Comment

Evans Power-Cycle produced by Cyclemotor Corp of Rochester, NY from1919-1924 per Jerry Hatfield and according to Erwin Tragatsch they were popular in Europe and were built under license in Germany by the Stock firm.
                              Louie
                              FaceBook >>>Modern Antique Cycle
                              Blog Site >>> http://louiemcman.blogspot.com/
                              YouTube >>> LouieMCman

Comment

Working...
                              X