Fake Carbide Tank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fake Carbide Tank

Anyone have a source for the fake handlebar mount gaslamp tanks that you can put a battery in for lighting?

WOW! I know they are out there. No one knows where to get one? The cover of the latest club mag has a guy on a Henderson that has one.........

Comment

Try Restoration Supply Company, Escondido, Ca. They don't have them in their catalogue... but they are great people and know where to find all that sort of stuff. And they have all the original gas line fittings for those that want to make the acetylene work. www.restorationstuff.com Wonderful crew.

Cheers,

Sirhr

Comment

I think Antique Cycle Works made some for the Cannonball guys.

Comment

I finally found the right solution for this at Hershey...

After looking at several original acetylene tanks for silly money... I bought an old Pyrene fire extinguisher for $25. Solid brass and gorgeous, just the right size and shape. You can buy them all day for $20 - 40. Cut off handle, strip out the guts and rework the ends. You can hide batteries inside. It's one of my upcoming projects. Need to make handlebar brackets and get a decal... but it will work perfectly.

Cheers,

Sirhr

(snow on the ground, tractors put away, back to motorcycle rebuilding for the winter...)

Comment

Working...
          X