Posting pics from MyComputer,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Posting pics from MyComputer,

Hey moderator: How can I post pics from my computer, there is no "browse" box like there used to be. I dont want to store files in a seperate or another website.
    Joe AMCA# 3435

Hello , i have the same problem ... This question i sent weeks ago to the AMCA
    administration ( cornerstonereg...), but i got no answer - bad / no service !
    Georg AMCA# 2781

Comment

George, Looks like you have been a member longer than I and I'v been a menber since 1986. Over the years, some people in this organization are just like dead beats but I dont actually want to get on this forum and actaully call them that. I try to be a nice guy but like they say, nice guys finish last. These computer experts get turned loose on these websites, make changes you cant navigate thru and no support when you need it. Your the first to reply since Nov on this haveing the same problem. They lost a lot of my photos I submitted when they changed this website a few years back and never recovered them........thanks...Joe
      Joe AMCA# 3435

Comment

Georg, go to Photobucket and open an account. You can store your photos there and when you want to post a nice big photo on a website like this, you just COPY the IMG line under your photo and then PASTE it here. Here's a shortcut to their website.
        http://photobucket.com/
        Eric Smith
        AMCA #886

Comment

Sorry Georg, I didn't read your first post thoroughly. I never use the AMCA photo posting feature because I like Photobucket much better.
          Eric Smith
          AMCA #886

Comment

Mea Culpa

Mea Culpa, I'm the one to blame. I'm the forum Moderator. I missed your post, so you can blame me, I think Cornerstone just handles the membership for the AMCA club so they couldn't have helped you even if they knew what you were talking about. I'll take a second and clear a couple things up for you. I'm no computer expert. I'm a volunteer. I'm new here, so I'm no expert on how everything works with this forum, so if you want to cut me some slack, fine. If not ,that's fine too. I don't know why you can't post pictures directly from you computer or what pictures got lost a few years ago, I'll try to find out though. I also know that at the bottom of every page there should be a Contact Us Link like the one to the left here, that you can use to ask the moderator a question. I've been through about a hundred and sixty since January 1, But that was before I became a deadbeat. If you choose to use these links in the future it may save you some time You'll have a name to assign the blame to and You will able to get some attention sooner.
            Thanks
            Gary

Comment

Under the reply box that you write in there is another small box that says Go Advanced...when you click on it you can then go to Manage Attatchments. I haven' tried it yet but it looks like that's the way to do it. Seems like it could be easier. Good luck, Scott
              Originally posted by partshunt View Post
              Hey moderator: How can I post pics from my computer, there is no "browse" box like there used to be. I dont want to store files in a seperate or another website.
              Last edited by Scott Parker; 02-13-2011, 05:03 PM.

Comment

Sorry, Scott, I hadn't seen this thread earlier either. To post a picture, just click on "Reply to Thread" at the bottom of the page (or "Post new Thread" if you're on the page with all the threads listed). That'll open up a "Quick Reply" window where you type your message. At the top of that is a row of icons that allows you to bold-face, italicize or underline type, or to change the type color. And next to that are icons that allow you to post a link to another website (the globe with the chain link), post a photo (the picture in the frame) or post a video (the film strip). If you "float" your cursor over any of those, it'll tell you what it does. Click the picture icon, then click "select files," find the right image on your computer and click "upload files" and a small version will appear in your message (like the Flying Merkel image I've inserted here that's from the three-year AMCA membership card). If anyone viewing the site (who's logged in) clicks on the image, they'll get a full-size version.

You can also use the "manage attachments" method discussed above, but I think this is a lot easier.

Bill Wood

flying merkel low_res.jpg

Comment

Bill, your Flying Merkel pic needs to be approved by the administrator.... and so does mine.... I did it the manage attachments way and I can see where it could be confusing....
                  Attached Files
                  Cory Othen
                  Membership#10953

Comment

Cory:

Oops--you're right. I forgot the approval stage.

Thanks.

Bill Wood

Comment

Awright!! Her is my picture submitting test. It was a long journy for me..

100_1072 (Medium).JPG

Well, Here is my picture test, not an easy chore, cant see it yet. Will have to wait for aproval or failure...ha ha..
                      Joe AMCA# 3435

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6157[/ATTACH]

Well, Here is my picture test, not an easy chore, cant see it yet. Will have to wait for aproval or failure...ha ha..
                        I can't argue for it being easy, The people who can change that are looking into it. As far as the 20 minute wait for approval, It probably won't happen that fast most of the time.
                        Gary

Comment

Thanks Gary, the twenty minute wait is not a big deal to me. Safer that way, you fellas need to keep the site decent so I can go with that. Just hope I remeber how I did it for next time. ...Joe
                          Joe AMCA# 3435

Comment

Thanks Gary, the twenty minute wait is not a big deal to me. Safer that way, you fellas need to keep the site decent so I can go with that. Just hope I remeber how I did it for next time. ...Joe
                            You're welcome No problem. I still ask the programming guy to look at it and see if it could be a little easier like with the browse box showing immediately. It looks like it may depend on the browser each one of us is using. Anyway he's always been straight up with me , and if it can be done reasonably I'm sure he'll do it.

Comment

Very nice bike Joe !!!

Comment

Working...
                              X