1911 Indian

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1911 Indian

Just got this bike. I believe it to be a 1911 Indian that lost it's original engine along the way and a 1940's SS850137.jpgSS850136.jpgWhizzer engine and system was installed. Neat bike and runs great. Anyone have any thoughts about it? Ever saw anything like it?
    Last edited by wyatt emp; 11-29-2010, 05:14 PM.

Wyatt, sorry to say this but it looks as though it's a fantasy bike meant to look like an Indian.

Cory Othen
    Membership#10953

Comment

Got it cheap so no big deal if it is. The frame is longer then any bicycle, has an original Brooks seat, and original lightning, thw motor is a "J" model so from the 1940's,so totaly custom made not real. Any idea when it might have been made if not original 1911? (Frame sure looks like the one in the photo you sent)

Comment

That's why I posted it, to see what others think. At any rate it is a hoot to ride and gets a lot of attention.

Comment

i saw one about a week ago for sale i think it was around $500. i thought the same thing it be a hoot to ride.dont know what the cops would think when i rode by them.but with all the layoffs we dont have many around. the last officer may not be anywhere near me when i rode it. i didn't buy it.
          rob ronky #10507
          www.diamondhorsevalley.com

Comment

Wow! I didn't get it that cheap. Just an original Whizzer motor is bringing $1,000. So you saw another just like this, or was it a regular Whizzer? I have never seen one that looked like an Indian........
            Last edited by wyatt emp; 11-29-2010, 07:33 PM.

Comment

Stuff like this shows up on e-bay from time to time. I've seen Indian, Flying Merkel and Cyclone type replicas. I'm thinking the Brooks seat is bicycle as well. Hey, if you didn't break the bank to get it have fun!!
              Cory Othen
              Membership#10953

Comment

No it was more bicycle stuff.
                rob ronky #10507
                www.diamondhorsevalley.com

Comment

SS850189.jpgSS850188.jpgCheck it out. I converted it to chain drive and installed a 2 speed early 40's era transmition with a kicker. Had it up to 60 MPH, got scared, so I backed off! Had a collector look at it and he thinks it is an original frame that has had extinsive alterations done to it, probably starting in the 40's when the motor was installed, newer fork installed' ect. Anyway, a real kick to ride! (If I don't kill myself on it)
                  Last edited by wyatt emp; 03-08-2011, 07:30 PM.

Comment

It is a bicycle made to look like an Indian with a Whizzer engine in it. A total fantasy item.
                    Be sure to visit;
                    http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
                    Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
                    Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

What ever it is I am having fun with it. The motor is for sure from the 1940's
                      Last edited by wyatt emp; 03-08-2011, 07:55 PM.

Comment

I believe Whizzer started building engines in '39 and continued on to about '65. The important thing as you said Wyatt is that you're having fun with it. That's a pretty cool little kicker system you got there!!!
                        Cory Othen
                        Membership#10953

Comment

its got two wheels,and puts yer grin on,thats all that matters... neat rig!

Comment

Here's one of the replicas available on ebay at the moment. Opening bid is $1,500 and buy it now is $1,600. He does mention the replica will save you about $50,000 off the real thing. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/India...item33661b00e9

Comment

Yup. I have seen these. Pretty nice bike, except for the cheap $100 Chinese motor...... Might do 25MPH down hill. They should put better motors in them and they would have something worth having. I talked to the guy that makes these. They are not full size so might not be able to take a better motor. He makes the round tank style for Indian, Pope, Ect and has a flat tank model for Harley, Henderson, ect. Still neat looking bikes for something to put around the camp ground on.
                              Last edited by wyatt emp; 03-27-2011, 12:25 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X