Could use a little help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could use a little help

Well, my dream, (or nightmare), of owning a four has finally been realized. Currently owning twins of both brands this is a whole new animal to me. This 440 has been sitting maybe 2-3yrs, is complete, good shape and just needs a good cleaning out to be ready to attempt to run. I have been reading up as much info as I can stand and read here on a post about removing #3 oil galley screw and pumping oil in until the guage moves to insure oil is where it needs to be after sitting for an extended time. Where is the #3 oil galley screw and what do I use to pump it up with?? Also is there any other tips that anyone has to help me? I for sure don't want to cause any damage, ($$$), to anything and I'm scared to death. Thanks in advance for your help and time.
    D. A. Bagin #3166 AKA Panheadzz 440 48chief W/sidecar 57fl 57flh 58fl 66m-50 68flh 70xlh

Gallery screws

Heres a pic
    Attached Files

Comment

Ok, thanks. Pulled the plugs, threw a little mmm down and kicked it thru 10-12 times and had oil pressure. Figure I'll kick it threw 50 or so times.
      D. A. Bagin #3166 AKA Panheadzz 440 48chief W/sidecar 57fl 57flh 58fl 66m-50 68flh 70xlh

Comment

Working...
      X