Shop Manual For 1930 era Indian Four?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shop Manual For 1930 era Indian Four?

Anyone aware of a shop manual for the early Indian Four?
    Buzz Kanter
    Classic-Harley.Info Classic Harley History
    [Classic American Iron Forum Classic Harley Forum
    [American Iron Magazine Harley Magazine

Buzz:- I picked up my 1929 Four Cylinder 402 in 1998-99 and could never find a manual for those earlier years. I settled with the more common reprint of the 38-42 Four cyl manual. Most of the clearances and bench work pretty well apply combined with the reprint of the riders manual for 29, good for tuneups and timeing as well tire info you normally get in a riders manual including wireing diagrams. Further, another helpfull item was the "Service Shots" and "Contact Points" info sheets. All available for 29-30 thru the Indian Four Cylinder Club and George Yaroci for reprints of the compnents like like magneto, generator and carb shop manual reprints as these are not included in the Indian manuals anyway. . If there is a 29-30 shop manual out there, I'm all for one but the four is running good so far, 3 yrs now... .....Joe
    Joe AMCA# 3435

Comment

Forsome reason these manuals are very rare. I have been looking for a repair manual for my 36 four, and have never seen one. Stan

Comment

This from and Indian web site:
        We sell the two disc DVD entitled rebuilding the Indian Four: It helps much more than the manual.
        http://starklite.com/indian-motorcyc...r-193p2111.htm
        This is a digital transfer from VHS to DVD of Rebuilding the Indian Four by Max Bubeck.
        Max Bubeck has ridden Indian Fours since the 1930's! He has ridden over 190,000 miles on the Four's, probably more miles than any other rider on these motorcycles! Even at the age of 90+ he is still riding!
        Join Max in this video while he shows you how he achieved so many miles on his Four. He will show you how to disassemble your engine, modify your engine and how to reassemble your engine.
        Even if you have built a Four motor in the past, you will always pick up a rebuild tip from the master mechanic Max Bubeck.
        U/M: Sold in 2 disk set only. Price: $31.95
        Bill Gilbert in Oregon

Comment

A link to Indian printed material available here (AMCA library):
          http://www.vintagemotorcyclelibrary....dex&cPath=8_22

And on eBay:
          http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=160501793229
          Last edited by 23JDCA 808; 11-05-2010, 07:18 AM.
          Bill Gilbert in Oregon

Comment

Bill, thank you for doing the digging, we apreciate your effort. I used the 38-42 book for bearing clearances , firing order, plug gap and ignition timing etc to rebuild my 1929 402 as mentioned in my earlier post. . Most of that info still applys to the earleir 1929-30 odd year models. Max Bubecks Vidio does not go that far into technical info such as you need on the bench. However, there still is nothing for the earlier 1928 to 37 manuals yet to be found. More extinct than a Donold Duck Comic book. I got more info by phoneing some of the different four cylinder motor builders for me to proceed and finish the darn thing after nine long years. You know the saying, "want some grief? buy a Chief. Want more?, get a Four"...Joe
            Joe AMCA# 3435

Comment

I've heard that.
              D. A. Bagin #3166 AKA Panheadzz 440 48chief W/sidecar 57fl 57flh 58fl 66m-50 68flh 70xlh

Comment

Working...
              X