1916 Powerplus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1916 Powerplus

Here's one that was actually drug out of a barn a couple of months back. I was starting to doubt "barn finds" but this one has restored my faith. The fella that found it is a real hotrod guy and decided that he needed another car so he unloaded a couple things and the bike and hack ended up at my place. Any thoughts on the sidecar? I've got a couple theories but I'd like to hear some input.

Cory Othen
    Membership#10953

Right on Cory! is that a Flexi? only side car I could see putting on a machine of my own - dreaming here. There was a nice Flexi at El Camino for 12 grand,Can we see more? very cool !

Comment

Tom!! I started a thread in the sidecar section and Terry has posted some answers. A Flexible would be super cool but alas it is not. I'll get out tomorrow after work and take some better pics to post.
      Cory Othen
      Membership#10953

Comment

Here's a couple more shots..... I got a chuckle out of seeing the carb on upside down..... I guess somebody either forgot how to put it back together or the kids were learning some wrenchin'!!

Last edited by c.o.; 09-21-2010, 09:35 PM.
        Cory Othen
        Membership#10953

Comment

i picture that machine loaded with camping gear bombing up n over some moutain pass heading for somewhere...

Comment

Now we're talking!!!
            Cory Othen
            Membership#10953

Comment

What a great find Cory! The 1916 PowerPlus is my favorite Indian of all time. I personally like all of the 'big 3' 1916 offerings because they were the true vison of the future of motorcycling. 1915 is the seminal moment for most historians and '15 is recognized as the last of the old and the first of the new, but I think 1916 was the refined version and the models that Harley, Indian, and Excelsior were very satisfied with. You're a lucky man Cory.
              Eric Smith
              AMCA #886

Comment

Thanks Eric!!! It was an act fast or it was selling kind of deal. I had dealt with the fella I got it from before and when the novelty wore off he decided to give me first chance at it. I didn't hesitate for long and made the big drive to the wide open prairie to pick it up. I was actually at a swapmeet until 3pm on a Sunday and then made tracks east. I drove all night and made it home at 5am on Monday morning! I've always wanted a pre-16 machine and go figure I land right on the landmark year!!! One year to new but I can't complain...
                Cory Othen
                Membership#10953

Comment

Hey Exeric!!! When you get a minute could you free up some space in your mailbox? I've got a message I'd like to send. Thanks!!!
                  Cory Othen
                  Membership#10953

Comment

Cory, I am not able to selectively delete messages in my in-box. The only option I can find is to delete everything that is in there. This was not the case with the old forum. I have certain messages that I would like to keep. If anyone knows how to selectively delete a message in the 'new' format, I would really like to know.
                    Eric Smith
                    AMCA #886

Comment

I figured it out. . . . DDDDuuuuhhhh.
                      Eric Smith
                      AMCA #886

Comment

Eric, I just gave it a try and it worked for me. I just checked the top box to the right of the message, then scrolled down to the bottom. It showed one message highlighted. I hit the drop down arrow and selected delete. Then I hit the proceed button at the bottom and it was gone....... I hope this helps......
                        Cory Othen
                        Membership#10953

Comment

O.K...... why not try seeing if there are other messages posted below.... another ddduhhh!!!
                          Cory Othen
                          Membership#10953

Comment

Open your PM in box. Check the message you want to delete, then click on selected messages. That will show delete as an option. Select delete then click on proceed.
                            Jim

Comment

c.o.
                              I am glad you enjoyed the photo of my 10' Harley, but now I am envious of you. I have always dreamed of finding something like that.

Comment

Working...
                              X