Another Kawasaki;Triple H2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Kawasaki;Triple H2

A while back I posted about my H1 (500) triple that I restored, it has been very popular and a fun ride but I heard a lot about the H2 (750) triple so when I saw a "bike in a box" for sale I thought this would be a fine project;

I bought it last fall with the intent of rebuilding it over the winter, well you know how that goes, I did not get a decent start until late winter.

As you all also know it was more work than I thought it would be, I repaired every part I could and found missing parts, I replaced every bearing and seal throughout the whole bike.

I built the motor with a completely rebuilt crank, new Wossner pistons, new clutch, and using the best trans parts from two lightly worn trans.

I reupholstered the seat, built the wheels, just everything you have to do to build up a "bike-in-a-box"

I had a painter apply the color and I did the decals, then had him apply the clear.

But essentially I did everything but the few things I did not have the equipment to do.

I was riding it by June and have spent the summer getting it to run sharp like an early H2 should. Very fast and two-stroke exciting. There are many wheelies. All in all good fun.

I took the H2 and the H1 to the Davenport meet this last weekend and the response was great; many, many people identify with these old triples and I basically talked triples the whole time I was there.

Even Mike Wolfe from American Pickers came by and talked triples for 10 minutes.

Last edited by Joseph Byrd; 09-08-2010, 12:54 PM.

Joe,

Nice job on the restoration! What year is it?

Dave Goesling
    AMCA 9757

Comment

It is a 1973.

Comment

Beautifully done! Congratulations.
        Robbie
        Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Real nice job you done there, thanks for posting

Comment

Nice looking bike. Good job!