36 four marvel carb rebuild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 36 four marvel carb rebuild

Has anyone tackeled the Marvel carb used on the 36 four? From what I have seen of the carb it isn't like most carbs I have been into. I figure a kit is no longer available. Any thoughts? Stan

I did a Google search on Marvel carb kit. Lots of info there and you might find a pearl. They were used on cars and tractors also. ...bill
    http://www.google.com/#hl=en&source=...c9afcc3e968787
    Bill Gilbert in Oregon

Comment

Originally posted by stan View Post
      Has anyone tackeled the Marvel carb used on the 36 four? From what I have seen of the carb it isn't like most carbs I have been into. I figure a kit is no longer available. Any thoughts? Stan
      Stan!

I have played with a few, and they have their own unique problems, particularly with the potmetal half.
      (The float is the easy part, of course.)

....Cotten
      Attached Files
      AMCA #776
      Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

Hi Stan /Cotten,
        What is the correct marvel carb for a 36 Four, guy asking on another forum needs one for his bike.

Comment

Originally posted by Greg H View Post
          Hi Stan /Cotten,
          What is the correct marvel carb for a 36 Four, guy asking on another forum needs one for his bike.
          Greg!

It is the Marvel Model AC No. 1663, although I have encountered variances in the internal jets that suggests others can be applied.

The fellow should be encouraged to join the AMCA for further details, as literature can be added it the Library if it has not been posted already.

....Cotten
          AMCA #776
          Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

Working...
          X